Hydroids (digitate specifically)

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How harmful are they? How badly do they sting. If so, do they sting humans?

If removal is needed, what should I do?
If removal is not needed. They're pretty dang cool
 
How harmful are they? How badly do they sting. If so, do they sting humans?

If removal is needed, what should I do?
If removal is not needed. They're pretty dang cool
I have one or two in my tank, they don't seem to bother anything, but they're not near any coral. From my understanding if a coral does get near them or they decide to anchor down by a coral they can harm it. I've never touched one though to know if they'll sting humans.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new