Hydroids? Sponge?

pythpyth

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2024
Messages
124
Reaction score
95
Location
The Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Does anyone got an idea what these are?

Thanks for replying!



IMG_6295.jpeg

IMG_6294.jpeg
 
Looks like some Botryllus (or related) tunicates to me.
Wow! Never thought about that, there are so many though!
Are you feeding a lot, like plankton or powdered coral food? These things are filter feeders, maybe it's just a good spot for them to grow. I'm actually not sure if some of them can spread too aggressively so keep a photo so you can track how fast they spread.
 
Are you feeding a lot, like plankton or powdered coral food? These things are filter feeders, maybe it's just a good spot for them to grow. I'm actually not sure if some of them can spread too aggressively so keep a photo so you can track how fast they spread.
I do feed quit heavy yea. I did feed plankton for some time not anymore though. I have some plankton dust from Nyos in my frozenfood. I dont feed any reef roids or any. I dont mechanically filter either. And I still run on low nutrients haha.
 
Are you feeding a lot, like plankton or powdered coral food? These things are filter feeders, maybe it's just a good spot for them to grow. I'm actually not sure if some of them can spread too aggressively so keep a photo so you can track how fast they spread.
I do feed quit heavy yea. I did feed plankton for some time not anymore though. I have some plankton dust from Nyos in my frozenfood. I dont feed any reef roids or any. I dont mechanically filter either. And I still run on low nutrients haha.
They are filter feeders so they surely appreciate you feeding a lot 😁

Regarding the nutrient levels: this might change over time, but it doesn't has to. Time will tell 😁
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new