Hydroids

If as you say, nothing eats Digitate Hydroids, can you explain my Sixline Wrasse eating them? Witnessed with my own eyes. He waited until the sweeper retracted than picked the Hydroid off the rock, off of my temp probe and off of a snail.
 
If as you say, nothing eats Digitate Hydroids, can you explain my Sixline Wrasse eating them? Witnessed with my own eyes. He waited until the sweeper retracted than picked the Hydroid off the rock, off of my temp probe and off of a snail.
Interesting!
I have never witnessed my 6 lines eating them :-)
Thanks for the info!
 
Shaking my head.. how are they surviving this!
 
Hello @twilliard I am taking my magnified glasses and going to my LFS. And look at there tanks to see if they are re infecting my DT. Lol. I have noticed that my bio balls get more water when I remove my filter media. The question is can they hide in balls till I flush out when I remove the filter foam. What I'm saying is when I remove foam pad the balls get more area wet. Thanks. ( I have them bad again).
 
They will live everywhere where there is good flow for them to feed.
Good idea on checking your source
All it takes is 1 and with enough food can infest the tank in a matter of just a couple months.

Not a good idea to treat again as it will saturate the rock which will make it harder to keep inverts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new