Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple photos-

FFD9EF5C-0C2A-403B-AC63-3F97C6A9C710.jpeg
6A9938B9-04E9-454A-9C35-86CB806592F8.jpeg

terrible pic but getting some red in one of the two splices on the base-

EB2B6032-29B4-4BE5-8185-4FC2C0A4DB57.jpeg

I have a yellow tenuis colony that I’m probably going to loose from no flow, the center turned grey, has polyps, but only the tips have coloring

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a couple new frags and a few replacements as I feel the tank is stable and humming along after the loss of flow issue.

Spiro the dragon
P**ty Dropper
Pink Lemonade
Oregon Tort
Walt Disney
Homewrecker
Nerd Explosion
Pink Bubble Gum

Tank has been doing well and a couple of the colonies have been gaining color back from the whole MP60 ordeal.

I have been working on a getting a setup going for a new hobby to try and solve some some boredom and stress relief when not traveling. Just going to let the tank do it’s thing, l probably won’t be updating the thread much.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is there still not a dislike button on here?!?!?!?

I'm just playin. Updating build threads is not easy especially once the tank is stable and humming along.

true, waiting to see what Neptune is doing and if I can get an order in on release, other than that I really don’t have much excitement for the hobby. I like the gear side of it and am just bored lol

I guess being bored in this hobby is a good thing

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
true, waiting to see what Neptune is doing and if I can get an order in on release, other than that I really don’t have much excitement for the hobby. I like the gear side of it and am just bored lol

I guess being bored in this hobby is a good thing

Been there and am currenlty there. The post build blues are real

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love your tank, and I'm sorry you are looking to leave the hobby. I hope your new hobby is exciting and brings a lot of joy.
I can't believe how many MP60's you have on there. I just have on my tank, along with a 40 and thinking about getting one more of each.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love your tank, and I'm sorry you are looking to leave the hobby. I hope your new hobby is exciting and brings a lot of joy.
I can't believe how many MP60's you have on there. I just have on my tank, along with a 40 and thinking about getting one more of each.

I’m not leaving, I’ll always have a reef tank in my life. I’m just at a point where it’s time to let the tank grow out and nothing new in the hobby really has my interest. In my down time I’m still planning my next build lol.

I fall in the camp of flow is more important than light, especially when running high PAR.

I have 4 MP40’s and an extension cable laying around before you buy new, they were used for a few months.

I’ll be in San Antonio in a couple weeks for dinner and drinks with a customer, just so happens one of my favorite steak houses and bar is there if you want to grab a drink or dinner

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Non reef-related hobby warning for those who have an interest:

I decided to build a racing sim in my upstairs theater room. I went ahead and placed the order today with Digital Motorsports but is coming from Dublin-

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 12.47.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 12.47.35 PM.png

The only thing I have left to pick up is a monitor, will probably go with the Samsung 49" G9 Neo as I really do not want to do a triple monitor setup. If anyone who follows along with my build thread has any interest I'll post some updates. Feel free to add to anything I may be missing

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Non reef-related hobby warning for those who have an interest:

I decided to build a racing sim in my upstairs theater room. I went ahead and placed the order today with Digital Motorsports but is coming from Dublin-

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 12.47.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 12.47.35 PM.png

The only thing I have left to pick up is a monitor, will probably go with the Samsung 49" G9 Neo as I really do not want to do a triple monitor setup.
I knew I liked you for more than just fish and corals lol.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But in all seriousness, what are you planning to use it on? Game wise.

Assetto Corsa Competizione and IRacing, I really only have interest in GT cars, not really interested in F1 Sim.

I have no idea what I'm getting into here, I need a new hobby that's not directly related to causing a divorce lol

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assetto Corsa Competizione and IRacing, I really only have interest in GT cars, not really interested in F1 Sim
Nice. I need to get back into iRacing. Been quite a while since I have played it.

ACC, I have looked at, but never played. Saw it the other day used for PS4 and may end up swinging by work to pick it up lol. If it works out and I like it, then will get it for the PS5 or the PC. need to dig in and see how it makes a difference from one platform to another.

Also need to get back to playing a little GT7 since it is just sitting there doing nothing. Hard to find time lol. Now that the fish barn is no more, I should be able to squeeze a little in lol.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assetto Corsa Competizione and IRacing

Nice. I need to get back into iRacing. Been quite a while since I have played it.

ACC, I have looked at, but never played. Saw it the other day used for PS4 and may end up swinging by work to pick it up lol. If it works out and I like it, then will get it for the PS5 or the PC. need to dig in and see how it makes a difference from one platform to another.

Also need to get back to playing a little GT7 since it is just sitting there doing nothing. Hard to find time lol. Now that the fish barn is no more, I should be able to squeeze a little in lol.

I hear ya on finding time, I have been working so many hours for the past 3 years it's catching up to me. I'm looking for something to do to burn some time instead of moping around, even if I do a race every couple of weeks it's better than nothing.

I was looking around for a PS5 for GT7 but I'm not willing to overpay for one.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya on finding time, I have been working so many hours for the past 3 years it's catching up to me. I'm looking for something to do to burn some time instead of moping around, even if I do a race every couple of weeks it's better than nothing.

I was looking around for a PS5 for GT7 but I'm not willing to overpay for one.
If you have a PS4, GT7 is available on it. It plays fine on there and you can still play online with ps5 users (my son has it for his ps4). The only difference I can see is load times are a little slower when in sim mode, but not bad. His is also a slim, so that may have something to do with it. And of course, the graphics are tad bit grainier on the PS4, but again, not that bad.

Could always be like GT1 and 2 where if you did the behind the car view, the bumper jumped up and down lol.

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no brackets needed, the lights slide into 15 series slot perfect,

Do you happen to know the exact dimensions of the Orphek light screws? I would need the dimensions of the stud and the dimensions of the face. I'm trying to determine how small I can go on the t-slot profiles. If you either don't know it's too much of a pain to measure them, I'll just wait until my lights arrive and measure them. Just trying to get a head start on designing the frame to hang my lights.

Update: Actually, it doesn't matter. Doing some beam deflection test, it looks like the 15-series profiles will yield the most realistic numbers for up to 7 Orpheks. Anything smaller than that you would likely seeing noticeable sag, so I'll take the easy route and just use the same profiles you did.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you happen to know the exact dimensions of the Orphek light screws? I would need the dimensions of the stud and the dimensions of the face. I'm trying to determine how small I can go on the t-slot profiles. If you either don't know it's too much of a pain to measure them, I'll just wait until my lights arrive and measure them. Just trying to get a head start on designing the frame to hang my lights.

Update: Actually, it doesn't matter. Doing some beam deflection test, it looks like the 15-series profiles will yield the most realistic numbers for up to 7 Orpheks. Anything smaller than that you would likely seeing noticeable sag, so I'll take the easy route and just use the same profiles you did.

Exactly, 15 series fits perfect and with a setup of your size and weight I wouldn’t do less personally. I’m not an engineer but no doubt in my mind 10 series would sag, I recommend going the same route I did having 2 long lengths down the middle tying back to your main hanging structure holding the lights. Removed all flex - only 2 cents from someone that knows nothing and was designed on a napkin.

Edit: also tighten all of you 8020 down on a flat level surface, it really does matter.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back