Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Status update-

It’s crazy what can change in such a short period of time. Long story short company has sold so now I’m working from Florida until October then returning to Texas. Our house has sold, even more crazy is the fact we are actually now building a different home with another builder, now I get a 4 car garage so it’ll be worth it in the end.

The tank will be a peninsula style going against the garage wall. We are building out a wall in the garage next to the garage house entry with a mini split for the tank equipment and sump. It’s also plumbed to sewer and cold water with dedicated 20 amp circuits and a dedicated circuit in the study ceiling for the lighting.

Here is the house plans for where the tank is going-

IMG_0467.jpeg

Stake out from a month ago-
IMG_0414.jpeg

Tank size will be 84”Lx48”Wx24”H about 400 gallons filled. Lighting will be 6 Orphek Amazonas 960’s with 15 degree lenses mounted to the ceiling. I have been picking up some items when they are on sale as I’m starting all over for equipment.

I’ll get a build thread going once it all gets closer, until then I’ll catch y’all later

-Hydro

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, how are the move/build/plans going?

Curious about updates as well!

Hi, thank you for your interest.

We just got moved into our new house almost a month ago. I have decided to focus on wrapping up our home theater first- It's about complete. Here is a picture of where the reef tank is going, you will notice the outlet high up top for the lighting. I have 4 dedicatated outlets behind that wall where the sump and all other supporting equipment will go (in the garage). Of the 4 car garage, one stall will be for the reefing equipment as mentioned above.

IMG_0972.jpeg

Thanks,

Hydro

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see you resurrected on R2R. Been irregular lately myself around here but reef is okay. Bought a plane with a partner so that is my excuse. Car update?

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a little late, but congratulations on the new house; it looks great. I am looking forward to the 400-gallon build.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back