hydros app question. aka duel 4k gyre

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddc0715
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2018
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
616
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. I would like to add a cleaning period into each day. so that for 15 minutes each day one pump runs full speed.

the only way I see that this is possible is to create 3 schedules for each day.... for example..

Monday I set the gyres to ocean swell, with a time of 00:00 to 21:00

then create a schedule called Monday 2 with a start time of 21:01 to 21:15 and set one pump on at 100%.

then I create a Monday 3 with a start time of 21:16 to 23:59.

I find this a real big pain in my ***.. does anyone know of a differnt way to do this.
 
Look under modes…
there is a feeding mode and a water change mode
I think you can set up a “time out” where the pumps will shut off.
 
Look under modes…
there is a feeding mode and a water change mode
I think you can set up a “time out” where the pumps will shut off.
The 'feed' mode will turn off both (or all) pumps. In this use case I think the OP wants one pump to be running. In this case, I think he'd have to make a 'schedule' and designate only one (rather than two) modes. At least, that's what I come up with, I'm new to the WE myself.
 
You may get more out of it by having both pumps on at the same at full power, which will probably kick more things (detritus) up, then just having one pump on at a time? But yes, you'll need to set a schedule for each pump individually.
 
Check on my build thread on page 8 post #152. I listed some schedules and the way I implemented feed mode might also work for what you want to do. I have and output that is triggered by the wifi feeder coming on. This output has a minimum time on set for 30 minutes. So once triggered the output s on for 30 minutes. I use it to switch to the feed mode schedule by using the depends on settings on the schedules. Instead of triggering that output with another output you could set a schedule in that output and have it come on at a certain time for the amount of time you want and switch the schedules that way.The build thread is here on R2R. Here is a link https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/canopy-and-stand-build-for-42-gallon-hex-tank.317822/page-8
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new