Hydros App

rbarr110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got the WaveEngine and so far I like it a lot. However, the APP has an issue that needs attention.

I bought the version that is compatible with the ecotech pumps, however I don't currently own any ecotech pumps. In the Options section you can select "Show Ecotech Status" on or off. I selected OFF and uploaded the changes. However after a couple of hours it is always turned back on...starting to drive me nuts that it showing statuses of 4 pumps that are not present.

Also, it would be really nice to have access via a web browser option instead of phone only.

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’ll be checking into this for you. Once I have an answer I’ll be checking back here. Just letting you know we are paying attention. :)
So I just got the WaveEngine and so far I like it a lot. However, the APP has an issue that needs attention.

I bought the version that is compatible with the ecotech pumps, however I don't currently own any ecotech pumps. In the Options section you can select "Show Ecotech Status" on or off. I selected OFF and uploaded the changes. However after a couple of hours it is always turned back on...starting to drive me nuts that it showing statuses of 4 pumps that are not present.

Also, it would be really nice to have access via a web browser option instead of phone only.

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for noticing that. We already did noticed it and fixed it. It will be released on the next version of the App.
Also we are currently working on the web- version and will be releasing that soon also!! :D

OP
OP
R

rbarr110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’ll be checking into this for you. Once I have an answer I’ll be checking back here. Just letting you know we are paying attention. :)

Also, since you are paying attention can you make the APK file of the android app available outside of google play? I want to try it on my Amazon Fire Tablet, but you can only download apps from the amazon app store or install using an APK file....Google Play Store not an option.

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Michael
We are listening closely to our customers!! We aim to please!! :cool:
Reckon i'm probably one of the first people in the UK with a Hydros - Love the product so much i'm happy to champion here in Europe! Also prob a great case study for bin the MP40's, a Hydros and Octo Pulse 4's are what you need!

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, since you are paying attention can you make the APK file of the android app available outside of google play? I want to try it on my Amazon Fire Tablet, but you can only download apps from the amazon app store or install using an APK file....Google Play Store not an option.

We do not have any plans to do this at this time. ;Shamefullyembarrased

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you know folks are just now starting to realize how different and excellent all the new Hydros line is!
The WaveEngine, and soon Control 2 and Control 4 . Unbelievable product line and so many options!
The build quality of the WaveEngine is superb, if you are putting a full controller in a similar box with those two solid reliable connections and full set of accessories (plus a bit of advanced control programming) then I think Neptune better watch out!

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Michael@CoralVue

I know I've asked in the past, can we start a push for functionality extension to the IC2GC in the form of repeating trigger ability? I don't see that cannibalizing any potential WE sales, as the IC2GC is limited to icecap offerings, and still has enough feature lock to segregate it. Not having that function natively was the largest let-down of the out of the box IC2GC experience.

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Michael@CoralVue

I know I've asked in the past, can we start a push for functionality extension to the IC2GC in the form of repeating trigger ability? I don't see that cannibalizing any potential WE sales, as the IC2GC is limited to icecap offerings, and still has enough feature lock to segregate it. Not having that function natively was the largest let-down of the out of the box IC2GC experience.

I’m sure they have reasons behind this. I don’t know what they are . What other powerhead has that ability? Any ?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any controller with the option to program against a 24hour clock can do something like that, provided there isn't a small cap on the number of profiles. I mean, I can do it a ghetto way with a 0-10v input into the IC2GC, or even with multiple triggers (unless there's a hard limit with the IC2CG, haven't tried).

Just something that would be nice to have, since it can be done via a few ways thanks to the 0-10v input. I have both platforms.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back