Hydros Control 2 , Control 4 and accessories question and answer thread.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for taking the time for the detailed responses. I’m expecting my parts on Monday. Looks like I’ll have some experimenting to do in order to make the most efficient use of my sensors. Now I’m not so sure the Combiner will simply do what I want it to do which is “If input Leak Detector sensor=wet OR input Water Level Sensor=wet then set output Solenoid Valve=off”. Seems like a pretty straightforward logic rule that would apply to all kinds of situations for many hobbyists?
No problem glad to help out. The alarm for leak is easy to do. Make an output like below using the generic output type. The generic output can have up to 9 inputs so you can have multiple sensors trigger this one output. Since we are not actually controlling an output that is set to none. I use a input that is coming from my Archon here. It normally will just kill the auto water change if any alarm condition exist. I want this output to be active if there is a leak so it is active when input 1 is in leak condition.

2D156A68-2023-4178-86EE-6826E4D1A851.png

Use the output created above to turn off any outputs you want off when the condition exist. Below the alarm controls this output using the Depends On section and setting it to the output created above. Set the Dependency Mode to Off If On. That should do it unless you are using the Depends on already for something else. Then you could use a combiner output to combine the modes then use that output for the Depends On output.

6D29673A-1321-43FB-900A-E1624EE45ED3.png

Voodoo99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem glad to help out. The alarm for leak is easy to do. Make an output like below using the generic output type. The generic output can have up to 9 inputs so you can have multiple sensors trigger this one output. Since we are not actually controlling an output that is set to none. I use a input that is coming from my Archon here. It normally will just kill the auto water change if any alarm condition exist. I want this output to be active if there is a leak so it is active when input 1 is in leak condition.

2D156A68-2023-4178-86EE-6826E4D1A851.png

Use the output created above to turn off any outputs you want off when the condition exist. Below the alarm controls this output using the Depends On section and setting it to the output created above. Set the Dependency Mode to Off If On. That should do it unless you are using the Depends on already for something else. Then you could use a combiner output to combine the modes then use that output for the Depends On output.

6D29673A-1321-43FB-900A-E1624EE45ED3.png
Great and thanks for the tips. Can’t wait to try this out Monday night! Btw.... checked out your build link. Impressive! You must be very proud of all the work you put into it.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great and thanks for the tips. Can’t wait to try this out Monday night! Btw.... checked out your build link. Impressive! You must be very proud of all the work you put into it.
Thank you. I have another 110 gallon tank I want make a stand and canopy for, but I promised my wife I would make her kitchen cabinets first. So I guess they will be next on my list.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, my head is spinning a bit. Just when I think I understand setting things up I start doubting myself.
I have the leak detector rope sensor installed. I have confused myself on how to set up an alarm to off if its wet and how to make it shut the pump off.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, my head is spinning a bit. Just when I think I understand setting things up I start doubting myself.
I have the leak detector rope sensor installed. I have confused myself on how to set up an alarm to off if its wet and how to make it shut the pump off.

To make the return pump shut off just go in to your return pump settings and set the leak input to rope leak.

997C75F5-C36B-409A-97CD-CFF18EC31152.png

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, a C2 but with four sense rather than two sense/two drive?
This is the sense module they have been talking about for those who need more sense ports.
Well most of the modules are actually supposed to be full controllers.
So you could add these to the collective and if your main unit would fail this could take over functions, adds redundancy.

If you just wanted to buy this alone you could purchase a plug strip if you had nothing that needs direct drive and use it as a stand alone controller.

You could purchase it with out strips if you wanted it just for monitoring and have a bunch of leak sensors.

It was originally meant for people like me who want to have allot of sensors because I want to hook directly up to my ro/di with lots of redundancy. Also I want to do auto water changes that require lots of sense ports. It just shows the flexibility of the system.

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, a C2 but with four sense rather than two sense/two drive?
Yes, that seems to be accurate. It can be used as a stand alone or to add to existing controllers. A Control XS kit which comes with the WiFi strips provides sensing and some control (through power strip). For example, a basic tank setup could include a temp probe, water level sensor (or two), and a leak sensor with the light. The return pump, powerhead, and heater plugged into the WiFi strip that could interact with the sensors. Similarly the XS would also be a reasonable basic approach to a mixing station with a temp probe, leak detector, and two level sensors.

Last edited:

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems great for my Nano since I am using AI products (Prime and Nero). No need for Drive ports and don't really have a good way to hide a pH probe (even though I would like to).

tbare89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone hooked up a reef octopus skimmer neck cleaner to a drive port on their wave engine or control? Looking to add one but I’m out of electrical spots on my strip

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Harry's aquatics hydros 0-10v break out box page, it mentions you can use this temp/humidity sensor on it. But where do the blue wires go on harry's breakout box? Do both blue go on the number one positive terminals or both on negative? Or one blue on a positive and one blue on a negative? Thanks.

h2.jpg
h1.jpg

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Harry's aquatics hydros 0-10v break out box page, it mentions you can use this temp/humidity sensor on it. But where do the blue wires go on harry's breakout box? Do both blue go on the number one positive terminals or both on negative? Or one blue on a positive and one blue on a negative? Thanks.

h2.jpg
h1.jpg
I would email harry. He is pretty fast to respond. Use the contact section on his web page.

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any dosing pumps that benefit from the Hydros?

Trying to get a single head doser for now (just dose alk atm), and I don't really see anything between dosers and Hydros.

What are you guys using and is there any connection to the Hydros at all?

If nothing, probably will be getting either Kamoer X1 pump.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any dosing pumps that benefit from the Hydros?

Trying to get a single head doser for now (just dose alk atm), and I don't really see anything between dosers and Hydros.

What are you guys using and is there any connection to the Hydros at all?

If nothing, probably will be getting either Kamoer X1 pump.
I use the one in the photo on a drive port. I made the cable by getting the cord with the DC plug and a 2 pin GX12 connector.

17E33609-8B72-40DE-9684-13D02E5D3635.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back