Hydros Control 2 , Control 4 and accessories question and answer thread.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Carlos hooked me up with the old web based App link so I was able to get the collective running with Firmware 180 again, so all good for tonight. Hopefully the fix is easy tomorrow when we delete the collective, just need to do it in some specific order that Carlos did not tell me yet lol. I think he went to bed....probably a long day being Firmware update day and all.

I bet Carlos had a busy day today.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bet Carlos had a busy day today.
Carlos was amazing tonight. No doubt tired from support calls all day today from the big update- he jumped right in and took over my HC4 and walked me through a step by step process that had me running in short order.

I mucked up the system by creating a Collective of 1 a few weeks ago and it wouldn't take the update today and my HC4 was basically useless. My tank's entire life support system does really rely on it so I was in a bit of a panic. I could have spent a couple hours rigging things for the night but after talking to Carlos I quickly calmed down when he offered up a link to the old app - I could at least bring up the HC4 and have it restore the program to the 8 devices on my 2x Quad Wifi strips.

No lag in communications - We exchanged messages over socials which helped things moving in real time. He confirmed my config with a screenshot, then he was able to save my config, all I had to do was the hard reset on the device, re-register it with the cloud and he took over from there and did everything remotely while I just watched the LEDs flashing while it did it's thing. I now have my HC4 running with the new update and I can go to sleep without worrying. We did that pretty quick too. Thank you SO MUCH Carlos, your support was outstanding!!

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI Carlos updated the instructions PLEASE READ THESE FULLY BEFORE UPDATING and added some trouble shooting tips for anyone who is having issues. https://forum.coralvuehydros.com/th...engine-icecap-controller-to-186-firmware.750/

Also PLEASE DO NOT make a collective unless you have both a command bus cable for each device link AND a terminator!

Finally, if you have accidentally created a collective of 1 device and downloaded the new app (199) you will need to reach out to support.coralvue.com before proceeding. You won’t be able to download the new fw without help.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! Are people seriously missing out by not using Hydros!

It's late so not much time but so far my experience has been nothing short of amazing and 100x easier than other controllers. I can't believe in less than an hour I had the Control 4 and 2 power bars setup and running 7 different devices on my tank. It only took an hour because I took my time not to cross up any wires. I setup the power bars before swapping everything out. I wanted to learn the "coding" and give everything a test run before I just plugged in and went to bed.

Beyond simple to get everything on my WiFi and working. I mean Neptune's WiFi setup is a horse and buggy compared to this. Tapled a few buttons, added my password and boom! We were connected and running. Downloaded newest firmware twice (first time failed for some reason) and away we went.

The ONLY thing I'm semi stuck on is using a heater controller between my titanium heater and my Hydros power bar. I think I have it figured out though. All I want is for the Hydros to take over IF my temperature shoots past 82. Other than that I want it on. I just setup a heater with my on temp higher than my Inkbird. Is that correct? Did I make sense?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Follow up to my above post...

Woke up to multiple notifications of power bars not responding then responding, not responding then responding. Doesn't look like anything shut off or stopped. Is this a known glitch or is it likely my network? If it's my network, no other WiFi devices are showing any issues.

oceanhighz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may have already been covered but I couldn't find an answer in the thread. If I wanted to use more than two probes, do I need a second control 4? Or am I missing something/ will there be another option for just adding additional probes?

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Woke up to multiple notifications of power bars not responding then responding, not responding then responding. Doesn't look like anything shut off or stopped. Is this a known glitch or is it likely my network? If it's my network, no other WiFi devices are showing any issues.

I have never heard of this issue. Might be bad Wifi but maybe not.
I would contact support and let them take care of it just incase.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This may have already been covered but I couldn't find an answer in the thread. If I wanted to use more than two probes, do I need a second control 4? Or am I missing something/ will there be another option for just adding additional probes?

Yes you would need another Control 4. We can not comment on future products.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've currently got a pair of Gyre 2Ks running on their controller. I've also got a full Apex set up. I'm wanting to add a 3rd gyre for flow across the back of the tank behind the rocks. I've been looking through a lot of info trying to figure out how all of these work together. Would I just need to get the WaveEngine with 3 of the pump adapter cables to control 3 gyres and get the APX Link cable so that I can hit feed mode on the apex and turn the gyres off?

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firmware 189 and App 202 are now available.

Release Highlights:
You can now add more than 2 input outputs to a Combiner
  • Improved upgrade process for WaveEngine and IceCap WiFi Controllers
  • If you have a collective, you can now see a list of all inputs and outputs for a particular HYDROS device. This is accessible in Collectives by going to the Main Menu > Devices > Select the individual HYDROS device.
  • You can now restart your HYDROS devices or the entire Collective from the Device Properties menu (only works with firmware 188)
  • You no longer need to input a valid US phone number to update your notification preferences
  • Many other changes included in the Changelog section.
https://forum.coralvuehydros.com/.../firmware-189-app.../

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Was any control units in the notices you received. When I loose the internet I get those messages. In fact I usually get 12 of them if it is out long enough. I also get 12 the they are connected. If you loose communications with the cloud. The the cloud will send those alerts. The controller and wifi strips may be working fine on the local network. Is the screenshot below like what you were getting.

6AFD20F5-4552-4C6B-8CC1-77474FF289D5.png

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, only the controller 4 uses probes

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was any control units in the notices you received. When I loose the internet I get those messages. In fact I usually get 12 of them if it is out long enough. I also get 12 the they are connected. If you loose communications with the cloud. The the cloud will send those alerts. The controller and wifi strips may be working fine on the local network. Is the screenshot below like what you were getting.

6AFD20F5-4552-4C6B-8CC1-77474FF289D5.png
No. Mine say Power Bar 1 or Power Bar 2 (my names) aren't responding. Then 30-60 minutes later I'll get a notification saying Alert condition no longer present.

Carlos is looking into it with me. I sent him screenshots of everything. It's possible that my tank is blocking the WiFi signal. If that's the case, I'd suspect the head unit would also lose WiFi but it isn't. I'd also think other WiFi units in that room would have spotty WiFi but they don't to my knowledge.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Mine say Power Bar 1 or Power Bar 2 (my names) aren't responding. Then 30-60 minutes later I'll get a notification saying Alert condition no longer present.

Carlos is looking into it with me. I sent him screenshots of everything. It's possible that my tank is blocking the WiFi signal. If that's the case, I'd suspect the head unit would also lose WiFi but it isn't. I'd also think other WiFi units in that room would have spotty WiFi but they don't to my knowledge.
Ok, I added another access point to mine. Other things such as my cameras were dropping out. That fixed it in my case.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a call with CoralVue tomorrow. Something very odd has happened. It looks like both Power Bars came in faulty. However, this seems very unlikely that both would be lemons. We will see what they come up with.

Sucky part is I took my Apex down after the first night went so well. So everything is just on a power strip running now until this gets resolved.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Routers can cause some weird issues also. The other day my wife went to print something from her iPad and the printer would not show up. I tired it on my iPad and had the same issue. I check on my surface and the printer was there and printed. I checked on a older iPad and it seen the printer also. It was only the newer iPads that could not see the printer. Finally after rebooting the router it worked on the two newer iPads. That was the last thing I thought would cause it. I was leaning toward an issue with the newer IOS in the newer iPads.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Routers can cause some weird issues also. The other day my wife went to print something from her iPad and the printer would not show up. I tired it on my iPad and had the same issue. I check on my surface and the printer was there and printed. I checked on a older iPad and it seen the printer also. It was only the newer iPads that could not see the printer. Finally after rebooting the router it worked on the two newer iPads. That was the last thing I thought would cause it. I was leaning toward an issue with the newer IOS in the newer iPads.

I have to agree, I think it will end up being his wifi..
I have a new tablet that would connect and disconnect and over and over. It was the router with WiFI that ATT gave me.
All my other stuff was fine and never disconnected.
I bought a new router with wifi and everything is fine. Sometimes things just do not play nice together.
Honestly it could end up his router just needs a firmware upgrade.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to agree, I think it will end up being his wifi..
I have a new tablet that would connect and disconnect and over and over. It was the router with WiFI that ATT gave me.
All my other stuff was fine and never disconnected.
I bought a new router with wifi and everything is fine. Sometimes things just do not play nice together.
Honestly it could end up his router just needs a firmware upgrade.
The power strips are shutting off completely. If I understand it properly, Carlos says losing WiFi connection will not cause this.

I have tried two different power strips that are known to work on all plugs and the problem continues.

I now have each Hydros power bar in a different room and on different circuits to see what happens. Nothing is plugged into either Hydros power strip.

Back