Hydros Control 2 , Control 4 and accessories question and answer thread.

tbare89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone share their experience using the klir filter roller with the hydros controller?

hellsangelbx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I noticed on a video that I saw that there were multiple flow sensors as options but when you look for flow sensors to purchase for Hydros there is only one. Does anyone know if and when the other options will come out?

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I noticed on a video that I saw that there were multiple flow sensors as options but when you look for flow sensors to purchase for Hydros there is only one. Does anyone know if and when the other options will come out?
As far as I know no schedules are known. Many accessories are said to being created.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can anyone share their experience using the klir filter roller with the hydros controller?

Works great.. I think I posted my settings earlier in the thread.

Far better than the controller that came with it. Just need the cable and a sensor.

jnvd3b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a GHL product and works with their controller so I doubt it but that does not mean someone wont find a away.
You are thinking of the kh director.

kh guardian is by dr. Bridge
They have an aim module that I think would work with the hydros using a ph probe port.....but don’t quote me on that.

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. What I meant what happened if my wifi access point went kaput? Is each outlets will remain the same state as of last or revert to off?
Yes, Stay in same state.
So if the heater is ON and the ATO pump is ON then the power brick loses wifi connection for an hour, the heater and the ATO continue to run for an hour until the power brick reconnects with the control module?

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if the heater is ON and the ATO pump is ON then the power brick loses wifi connection for an hour, the heater and the ATO continue to run for an hour until the power brick reconnects with the control module?
I believe so, but what are the chances of that? And remember wifi is different than internet. With a good router the chance of loosing wifi are very slim.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use the WiFi for ATO or any dosing. As far as heaters mine have their own thermostats anyway. I set them a coulpe degrees above the control temp. I use the drive ports for ATO and dosing. Coralvue has a pump that works off the drive port. You can get it separate or as part of an ATO kit with the sensor.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use the WiFi for ATO or any dosing. As far as heaters mine have their own thermostats anyway. I set them a coulpe degrees above the control temp. I use the drive ports for ATO and dosing. Coralvue has a pump that works off the drive port. You can get it separate or as part of an ATO kit with the sensor.
Exactly. I thought about adding that to my response.

meinekebob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd Question, but
Can you pair the wifi strip to the control 4 and then just turn on all the outlets without having to set up each outlet individually? Just wondering if you could use the wifi outlet strip as just an on/off strip?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd Question, but
Can you pair the wifi strip to the control 4 and then just turn on all the outlets without having to set up each outlet individually? Just wondering if you could use the wifi outlet strip as just an on/off strip?
I think you would still have to set it up as an output on the Control 4, but you can make it a constant output. You can always override them on the Control 4.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah running ATO off a wifi outlet can have some risk, I am actually doing this since my RODI tank is in my basement, but I am mitigating any risk by having a Hydros liquid solenoid valve inline with my ATO line at my display tank. That solenoid is directly connected to my Hydros via a drive port and its control is cloned to the ATO pump. So if something happened and my wifi outlet did get stuck on, the solenoid will prevent any issues.

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe so, but what are the chances of that? And remember wifi is different than internet. With a good router the chance of loosing wifi are very slim.
As a network engineer I am aware of how frequently routers lockup, drop offline or deny connections. My concern is that something gets stuck ON or OFF since the power brick in some circumstances may not communicate with the command unit. I don't believe this unit is for me as I am looking for a controller to help mitigate risk not introduce new risk.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a network engineer I am aware of how frequently routers lockup, drop offline or deny connections. My concern is that something gets stuck ON or OFF since the power brick in some circumstances may not communicate with the command unit. I don't believe this unit is for me as I am looking for a controller to help mitigate risk not introduce new risk.

Hardwired outlet boxes are coming this year for Hydros. The Wifi strips were introduced first as a low cost option for the initial release. Keep an eye out for new products in the future.

hellsangelbx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JeffB418 that's some great insight to the hardwire hydros as I'm working out the details on my current new build. Is the hardwire going to be with command bus cable or will it be ethernet?
Also, have you heard of any new additions that will be added to the hydros and when? Lastly will the hardwire version cost more? Can't see it being much more expensive.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hardwired outlet boxes are coming this year for Hydros. The Wifi strips were introduced first as a low cost option for the initial release. Keep an eye out for new products in the future.
I was just going to say that why can't there just be a cord between the power outlets and the controller? This is what stopped me from buying it tonight...

I mean, my aquarium is on a limited back up power. But my WIFI is not. And i trust my wifi not a lot...

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just going to say that why can't there just be a cord between the power outlets and the controller? This is what stopped me from buying it tonight...

I mean, my aquarium is on a limited back up power. But my WIFI is not. And i trust my wifi not a lot...
Well, your heater shouldn't be controlled only by the power strip on a Hydros, Apex or any controller so it should never be an issue.
For an ato if your running the pump and sensor off the Hydros power and sense ports your not connected to the outlet anyway. If the ato is a non hydros init it doesn't matter either because your ato sensor is not connected to the Hydros.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you have something that cannot be directly controlled by a Drive Port then you can always use one of these connected to a drive port. i use the drive ports to control ATO, auto water change and refill of DI to storage tanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back