Hydros Control 2 , Control 4 and accessories question and answer thread.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a variation to what is described in this video, I'm hoping to add (2) dual TDS meters soon and place them between the different filters/membranes in the RODI system and connect them to the Hydros that runs my mixing station. I'm also planning to duplicate the booster pump with high pressure solenoid as well as the water feed solenoid controlled by the high and low water level sensors. I'm curious if anyone else has done this (or something comparable) and if you have any helpful insights?
I have the TDS meter hooked to my Hydros. The first one is on the DI output and the second is in between the membrane output and the input to the DI cartridge. I also have my RODI automatically refill my DI and my mix tank for me. I cover some of it on my build thread at the end. I don't use a booster pump. The RODI control should be in the next firmware update.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the TDS meter hooked to my Hydros. The first one is on the DI output and the second is in between the membrane output and the input to the DI cartridge. I also have my RODI automatically refill my DI and my mix tank for me. I cover some of it on my build thread at the end. I don't use a booster pump. The RODI control should be in the next firmware update.

Is there any reason not to add a second TDS meter (possibly between the two membranes and after the DI)? Also do you have your system set up to auto flush?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not setup an auto flush. I do turn it on up to twice a day but only if the DI side is up to 2ppm and the solenoid goes to drain when that happens. It has done that once every couple of days. It is set to run for 2 minutes. So it runs for 2 minutes every other day. When I set it up there was no RODI type output. Since I use it on two different storage tanks the RODI type will not work for me since it only has inputs for one tank. It does have an output for a booster pump and a flush valve. Along with a dispense valve. I also have it setup to turn the RODI on for 10 minutes every hour to top off the RO bladder tank for the fridge ice maker and water dispenser. I have been able to go a year between changing out the filters and DI. I only have a 42 gallon tank setup at the moment.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the reminder! I just upgraded to 186.

I did have to use the web app because the app on my phone wasn't seeing the new version.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I did have to use the web app because the app on my phone wasn't seeing the new version.
You will also need to update the app before using it.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do NOT use your phone app with the updated Hydros unless it’s 199 or newer. Until the app shows up on your phone you MUST continue to use the web app.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Did you update the app on your phone?
I use android and sometimes it is pushed through automatically and sometime I have to go to play store to manually update?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you update the app on your phone?
I use android and sometimes it is pushed through automatically and sometime I have to go to play store to manually update?

I had to go to the Apple App Store and do a manual update. Now on 186/199.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also when you bring in the WE into the collective the WE setting are gone and needs to be reset up.
I updated my WE firmware and then did screen shots so I knew what to put into my Hydros Control after bringing the WE into the collective.
If not it is not huge deal because it is so easy to set up now. If you are used to the old WE interface it take a few minutes to get used to it but you will quickly see how it is easier.

Pumps are now listed under outputs.
Schedules is were you set up your different flow patterns.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I accidentally created a collective a few weeks ago for my Control4 (thinking the WE was already capable of adding to the collective) so I could add the WE but found out that wasn't ready yet.

When I created the collective the Control4 disappeared from the drop down and now just shows the WE and the Collective. Is that normal? I after reading a little more I thought I read you can't create a collective with 1 device but somehow I did.......it's been running perfectly fine this way and when I get home from work tonight I will start the FW update and add the WE to the collective but I want to know if I need to start over?

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also when you bring in the WE into the collective the WE setting are gone and needs to be reset up.
I updated my WE firmware and then did screen shots so I knew what to put into my Hydros Control after bringing the WE into the collective.
If not it is not huge deal because it is so easy to set up now. If you are used to the old WE interface it take a few minutes to get used to it but you will quickly see how it is easier.

Pumps are now listed under outputs.
Schedules is were you set up your different flow patterns.
^^^^^^ I meant to tag you in this Shred5/David

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I accidentally created a collective a few weeks ago for my Control4 (thinking the WE was already capable of adding to the collective) so I could add the WE but found out that wasn't ready yet.

When I created the collective the Control4 disappeared from the drop down and now just shows the WE and the Collective. Is that normal? I after reading a little more I thought I read you can't create a collective with 1 device but somehow I did.......it's been running perfectly fine this way and when I get home from work tonight I will start the FW update and add the WE to the collective but I want to know if I need to start over?

Yea it will disappear from the list. Everything added to the collective will show up under the collective name.

Not sure on that last one. I am guessing once the new app is installed and both have new firmware you should just be able to bring the WE into your existing collective. Just go to devices and hit the plus it should give a list of stuff that can be added.

Make sure you have the command bus cable between them. The power supply from the WE would power both units.

Also make sure the Control has WiFi priority not the WE.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yea it will disappear from the list. Everything added to the collective will show up under the collective name.

Not sure on that last one. I am guessing once the new app is installed and both have new firmware you should just be able to bring the WE into your existing collective. Just go to devices and hit the plus it should give a list of stuff that can be added.

Make sure you have the command bus cable between them. The power supply from the WE would power both units.

Also make sure the Control has WiFi priority not the WE.
Ok, thank you David!! Couple more for ya though.....please if you don't mind. I can always direct at Coralvue forum.

I already had the Command Bus running between the WE and my HC4 as the WE is powering my HC4. I currently do NOT have the Command Bus terminators. Is that needed now that the Bus cable is also sending data/communications and not just power? I think so and ordered 2 that are on the way but just wondering if my logic is correct.

In regards to WiFi priority is that a setting within the Hydros App, or are you specifically talking about QoS or similar from my router settings?

Thank you again!!

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, thank you David!! Couple more for ya though.....please if you don't mind. I can always direct at Coralvue forum.

I already had the Command Bus running between the WE and my HC4 as the WE is powering my HC4. I currently do NOT have the Command Bus terminators. Is that needed now that the Bus cable is also sending data/communications and not just power? I think so and ordered 2 that are on the way but just wondering if my logic is correct.

In regards to WiFi priority is that a setting within the Hydros App, or are you specifically talking about QoS or similar from my router settings?

Thank you again!!

I run one terminator on my collectives.

The WiFi priority setting is under devices in the left pull down menu under your collective. It is where you select the units you want to add to your collective.

I was just told they do not allow the WE to be priority anyway so no need to worry about it. I just looked and mine is set to never and it is the only setting for it. But it still can be set for other modules

The devices are what units are in your collective. You can set wifi priority there. You want your control to have preferred and WE to have never because it can not take over.

Last edited:

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bummer, I junked everything up tonight. I updated the App, then updated the WE, then couldnt update the Collective/HC4 because I am running a collective of 1.....at least thats what Carlos said. I got my main pump running again after the update wiped out my WE settings but now I can't access the Collective or the HC4 at all because the App/Browser won't run the old version 180......crap. I am going to have to rig everything until I can get this going again. Ugh

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bummer, I junked everything up tonight. I updated the App, then updated the WE, then couldnt update the Collective/HC4 because I am running a collective of 1.....at least thats what Carlos said. I got my main pump running again after the update wiped out my WE settings but now I can't access the Collective or the HC4 at all because the App/Browser won't run the old version 180......crap. I am going to have to rig everything until I can get this going again. Ugh
Carlos hooked me up with the old web based App link so I was able to get the collective running with Firmware 180 again, so all good for tonight. Hopefully the fix is easy tomorrow when we delete the collective, just need to do it in some specific order that Carlos did not tell me yet lol. I think he went to bed....probably a long day being Firmware update day and all.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back