HYDROS Control XS Starter Kit - 'desired state' or 'event based' outlet control?

bill.mccrary42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only need the controller to guarantee the electrical outlets are in their desired state at any point of time. Has anyone tried this one specifically? It's half the price of the apex jr and seems like what I need. BRS is unable to answer the question due to CoralVue requesting the support come to them - I called CoralVue and folks are OoO so figured I'd ask here too:
  • When controlling an electrical outlet, does this controller check for ‘desired state’ or is it ‘event based’?
    • I have kasa wifi timers now, but they are event based, so in the case of an outage during the time window where an event would occur, they can potentially miss an event, and when power is restored they will retain their last known state, potentially causing them to get ‘stuck’ which can cause a disaster.
    • I need something that will keep my devices in a desired state depending on time, basically just don’t have the flaw kasa has.
  • I assume these have a good internal timer and/or are connected to the internet? Do they lose time, or do they consistently know what day/time it is 24/7/365?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does desired state mean you want it to work at certain times? Like on a timer, then yes, you can program it to work when you want it to. It is wifi based and the time is very accurate.

Does event based mean that if "unit x is turned off then this one will turn off too"? If yes, then it can do that too, you can program each function either way.

Otherwise sorry if I misunderstand, I'm not the smartest fish on the reef.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back