HYDROS FIRMWARE UPDATE 180

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HYDROS FIRMWARE UPDATE

Firmware 180 is now live!
Firmware is ONLY for Control. DO NOT try to update the WaveEngine or IceCap Controller.
NOTE: If your app does not prompt you for an update or you do not see the latest version on the firmware update page, power cycling the Control will force a refresh.

KnightlyBuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a Hydros XS starter pack and it prompted me to update the Firmware. I downloaded Ver. 180 successfully, but when I click Install 180, it appears to do it (unit blinks different colors and beeps) but it still says “Running Version 165”, and there is still a blue button labeled “Install 180”. I’ve tried unplugging the controller and closing the App several times, but still no luck.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing! Once I get my control 4 up and running I’ll be on the lookout for this update!

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just bought a Hydros XS starter pack and it prompted me to update the Firmware. I downloaded Ver. 180 successfully, but when I click Install 180, it appears to do it (unit blinks different colors and beeps) but it still says “Running Version 165”, and there is still a blue button labeled “Install 180”. I’ve tried unplugging the controller and closing the App several times, but still no luck.
Try Control+F5 to hard reset the browser or if using the mobile app force restarting the app.

KnightlyBuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this where you get help?
Try Control+F5 to hard reset the browser or if using the mobile app force restarting the app.
I have the App. I logged out, closed it, and turned power off to controller. Waited 1 minute, still Version 165.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is this where you get help?

I have the App. I logged out, closed it, and turned power off to controller. Waited 1 minute, still Version 165.
From the Hydros Forum********- IMPORTANT: If you have issues installing firmware 180 where you install the firmware but the unit reverts back to 165, then do the following: Tap on the "Install 180" button and then immediately kill/close the app. Wait 60 seconds and then return to the app and everything should be ok.

KnightlyBuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the Hydros Forum********- IMPORTANT: If you have issues installing firmware 180 where you install the firmware but the unit reverts back to 165, then do the following: Tap on the "Install 180" button and then immediately kill/close the app. Wait 60 seconds and then return to the app and everything should be ok.
Woohoo, it worked, thanks!!!

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Where is the Hydros Forum? Can you provide a link?

KnightlyBuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Hydros sell a Power Strip that connects directly to the controller, rather than via WIFI? If not, do you know if they plan to?

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Hydros sell a Power Strip that connects directly to the controller, rather than via WIFI? If not, do you know if they plan to?

At the moment, no. However they have confirmed they are working on something. I don’t know how you have your WiFi setup but in my house we have the modem, router and a dedicated access point for the Hydros on a ups. Our power that blips on a regular basis is never a problem. I also have my hydros on a 1500va ups and never have anything drop or go down. It’s wonderful.

We have a Ubiquiti AMPLIFI mesh router system but it didn’t always play nice with hydros so I added a little NetGear extender and made a dedicated aquarium network for everything.

KnightlyBuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment, no. However they have confirmed they are working on something. I don’t know how you have your WiFi setup but in my house we have the modem, router and a dedicated access point for the Hydros on a ups. Our power that blips on a regular basis is never a problem. I also have my hydros on a 1500va ups and never have anything drop or go down. It’s wonderful.

We have a Ubiquiti AMPLIFI mesh router system but it didn’t always play nice with hydros so I added a little NetGear extender and made a dedicated aquarium network for everything.
We just have a modem and router, provided by Spectrum/Charter.

What’s the advantage of a dedicated access point? (Our modem/router is already close to the fish tank.)

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had issues with keeping my WiFi strips connected to my Xfinity Modem/Router combo. Even with the 5ghz band disabled. Everything worked fine for months then one day they just stopped connecting. I was pulling my hair out one night trying to get it back online. I then linked it to my Nitehawk AC3200. Carlos had mentioned using a router with different names for each band. The 2.4 and 5ghz bands were already named differently on the Nitehawk and that seemed to clear up any issues getting them to stay connected. Since the cable modem needs to be restarted occasionally this also keeps the Hydros from dropping it's network because the AC3200 doesnt really need to be rebooted ever

KnightlyBuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running 180 and this afternoon I got this message... E32BB17A-855F-4554-8F46-0DFAAE82B4B5.jpeg
But why would it prompt me to go to a backwards version?
96C22DAC-F4D9-41A3-8982-FDF3245C400B.jpeg

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not go backwards. That is always there unless there is an actual update. Disregard the message for now. They may be changing things on the server that prompted that message.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 35.2%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back