Hydros low water level alarm delay?

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the Hydros x4 pro pack and ato hooked up. I set up the alarm to trigger when the sump water sensor is dry. So now I get an alarm right before the ato kicks on. EVERY TIME. Is there a way to delay the alarm a couple minutes? @CoralVue_Marketing

tdhnry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your sump level sensor is too close to your ato senor (levelwise). Have you tried lowering you sump level sensor down about an inch lower than your ato senor?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are trying to use the same sensor to trigger the ATO and send an alarm then that will happen. That would be your full sensor and should not have an alarm. Use maximum on time and maximum off time for an alarm on the ATO. It may take a few try's to get the right values. What they do is if the pump runs to maximum then it sends and alert. I also have run past max time set to off. If it runs that long in needs to be looked into. I set the maximum off time to 6 hours. if it goes that long on my system without topping off it needs to be looked into.

OP
OP
ianryd

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are trying to use the same sensor to trigger the ATO and send an alarm then that will happen. That would be your full sensor and should not have an alarm. Use maximum on time and maximum off time for an alarm on the ATO. It may take a few try's to get the right values. What they do is if the pump runs to maximum then it sends and alert. I also have run past max time set to off. If it runs that long in needs to be looked into. I set the maximum off time to 6 hours. if it goes that long on my system without topping off it needs to be looked into.
Thanks! This is the answer I was looking for. I didn’t have the max on/off set and my ATO kicked on like 60 times for a few seconds at a time last night. My sump takes about a minute to top off. I’ll set that minimum on time and monitor the frequency of top offs today so I can set a max off time. For those concerned about redundancy my sump has a mechanical float to prevent overfill. I will probably add a high level sensor in the near future.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across this thread looking for a way to have an alarm to let me know my ATO reservoir is low by triggering an alarm only when it's been dry for 2 hours.

I figured anyone else looking to do something similar might also end up here, so I figured I would put the solution here.

Create a generic device with no output, for input set the the water level sensor in your return chamber that you use for ATO. Make the device on if dry, turn on advanced and give a max on time of your desired time, in my case 2 hours.

Set the appropriate alert level.

This will alert me when the ato reservoir is empty, or if the ato is malfunctioning.

I did it this way because I currently have no sensor in my reservior, and want a more noticeable alert than my ato max on time, which never triggers do to logic I have on that drive port.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back