Importance of HYDROS iV Isolated Testing Vessel

Fish_Fry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm in the process of planning out a Hydros system.

I want to add the salinity probe. One time after cleaning my sump I forgot to turn the ATO back on. It took me a couple of days to notice something was wrong because my ATO reservoir was still full. If Hydros refills my ATO automatically I might not catch this mistake as easily. It will also be a good sense of security as I setup an AWC system.

How important is adding the Hydros iV isolated testing vessel? They recommend it to deal with potential stray voltage. I'm wondering if this is something I can add later, when I eventually automate ALK testing, or if this is required from the start.

I know every system is different, but I'm trying to get a feel for what others have done. Does anyone have real world experience with salinity readings before and after using the testing vessel? I don't mind if if the accuracy is impacted as long as it's consistent.

Thanks
T

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm in the process of planning out a Hydros system.

I want to add the salinity probe. One time after cleaning my sump I forgot to turn the ATO back on. It took me a couple of days to notice something was wrong because my ATO reservoir was still full. If Hydros refills my ATO automatically I might not catch this mistake as easily. It will also be a good sense of security as I setup an AWC system.

How important is adding the Hydros iV isolated testing vessel? They recommend it to deal with potential stray voltage. I'm wondering if this is something I can add later, when I eventually automate ALK testing, or if this is required from the start.

I know every system is different, but I'm trying to get a feel for what others have done. Does anyone have real world experience with salinity readings before and after using the testing vessel? I don't mind if if the accuracy is impacted as long as it's consistent.

Thanks
T
I have run a salinity probe from my X10 directly in my tank for a few months now with no issues. Ive run both in tank and iV, seen no major differences. They have pretty good data filtering on that input which helps cut out issues from stray voltages. I would start stand alone for now and add the iV later on if you want alk testing.

OP
OP
Fish_Fry

Fish_Fry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I appreciate your thoughts.

I like the idea of skipping the iV, testing a little more than I would otherwise (at least in the beginning) and then worrying about it later.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone purchasing items from CoralVue they have told me that there may be a different probe that will read better without the Isolation Vessel in the future. I personally use the IV and couldn't be happier.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back