Hydros MACNA Announcement?

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love Coralvue company in general. Thats why I got a Hydros controller this year.
Sure its not as advanced yet as Apex, but I trust that they where going to continue to add to there product line and make affordable solutions. I feel like these new additions are made with the mind of having a full blow Alk tester.

I have to upgrade my wifi power supply because the 4 outlet that came with my device is never connected. It could be its in the basement . Its all good bc I feel like the outlet device was a add in anyways as it cost $40. I know once I upgrade to the $279 8 outlet (which is also a controller), its going to be pretty epic.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is a link to them talking about the new products here .

Ha! that "guy" he's talking about with all the lights and all they power supplies asking.. no pleadings for a solitary power block.............. was me:). Glad to see they kept the gears turning on that notion.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way to test alkalinity is not clear at all. Carlos said the vessil can take a clear reading of PH and measure exact reagent that goes in to get Alk reading. Not sure what a XFMP is either - Information overload lol

rmcrom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be similar to alkatronic testing where it drips sulfuric acid into the water sample and measures PH change.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! that "guy" he's talking about with all the lights and all they power supplies asking.. no pleadings for a solitary power block.............. was me:). Glad to see they kept the gears turning on that notion.

Consolidated power is one of the better things they have done. They still have a lot of work to do especially around the wave engine. Outside of that any of the 3 controllers will work. The most important thing is support location. After that features mapped to hobbyist requirement.

Hope your day is going well!

rmcrom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen any specifications for the power limits of the 12v and 24v Kraken ports? The drive ports on the x4 have fairly low capacity at 1A per socket and 1.5A across the 2 sockets combined. Hopefully the Kraken will have more robust power capacity as a dedicated power distribution unit.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way to test alkalinity is not clear at all. Carlos said the vessil can take a clear reading of PH and measure exact reagent that goes in to get Alk reading. Not sure what a XFMP is either - Information overload lol
It is done inside the iV vessel and has a specific output type that will be coming later in a firmware update. That drives the various outputs needed to do this. I assume there will also be a schedule type for this as well. You would choose the output for each and the inputs where the pH probe is at in the setup. So basically it is the same principles as the Alkatroinc if fact it uses the same reagent for the test. The salinity probe will be a bonus if you have a X10 also. The X10 can also provide the two precision dosing pumps needed. The third pump can be the regular Hydros dosing pump.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Has anyone seen any specifications for the power limits of the 12v and 24v Kraken ports? The drive ports on the x4 have fairly low capacity at 1A per socket and 1.5A across the 2 sockets combined. Hopefully the Kraken will have more robust power capacity as a dedicated power distribution unit.
10A per 24V socket. 480 watts total.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 12 drive ports will be an individual 1.5 amps and the total of 4 amps. The drive ports on the XD module will also do a PWM type output. Not sure if these will also but the current limits are the same for the ports.

The 24v force ports are 10 amps each but the total will depend on the Meanwell power supply you get. I believe the one that normally comes with it is a 20 amp supply. Of coarse all of this is still tentative until they actually start production. They may also package it with different size Meanwell supplies for people that need more current or ones that don't need as much. That is just my opinion on that though.

rmcrom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. That sounds plenty for my needs. I'll be running a fuge light at .75A and the tunze ATO which needs 1.2A. Then on battery power mode I'd like to try just running one of my MP40s using its 12v battery mode power input.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. That sounds plenty for my needs. I'll be running a fuge light at .75A and the tunze ATO which needs 1.2A. Then on battery power mode I'd like to try just running one of my MP40s using its 12v battery mode power input.
If you are trying to run it from the Kraken and get rid of the power brick wouldn't the 24v output into where the normal power pack for the MP40 goes where you would want to plug into? If I remember correctly those are 24v power packs. I have the EcoTech battery backup for my MP10's and when running on it the MP10's will be in low power mode at the preset slower speed.

rmcrom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are trying to run it from the Kraken and get rid of the power brick wouldn't the 24v output into where the normal power pack for the MP40 goes where you would want to plug into? If I remember correctly those are 24v power packs. I have the EcoTech battery backup for my MP10's and when running on it the MP10's will be in low power mode at the preset slower speed.
I checked mine and they are 32V so I thought I'd run them normally off the XP8 and try to take advantage of battery backup with the Kraken.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder why they went with lead acid battery support on the Kraken rather than LiFePO4? I'd much rather use LiFePO4 in my house than an off gassing lead acid that is potentially explosive.

Last edited:

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder why they went with lead acid battery support on the Kraken rather than LiFePO4? I'd much rather use LiFePO4 in my house than an off gassing lead acid that is potentially explosive.
Mine are 24v but they are MP10's and not MP40's. So I guess they use a higher voltage motor on the MP40's. Thats a bummer.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use sealed lead acid batteries.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are 24v but they are MP10's and not MP40's. So I guess they use a higher voltage motor on the MP40's. Thats a bummer.
This is the one I use.

BBDA0F8E-A4E5-4C3F-8368-3E5722F3A7E7.jpeg

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These announcements were certainly interesting. Additionally, he said there is more in the pipeline that they can’t talk about, yet. If Kraken was in dev for three years and being tested, this means they have a lot of stuff baking. Can’t wait to see. In the meantime, I need to learn more about their ecosystem and start planning a migration if Neptune does rise up to compete/innovate.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back