Hydros minnow + triple optical sensor = ATO?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jason K
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jason K

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2022
Messages
106
Reaction score
52
Location
NY, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m only gonna buy the minnow if I can use one of the dosing heads as an ATO pump since it doesn’t have drive ports. Does anyone definitively know if this works?
 
I’m only gonna buy the minnow if I can use one of the dosing heads as an ATO pump since it doesn’t have drive ports. Does anyone definitively know if this works?
Yes this will now work. They updated the software recently to allow use of "smart dosers" (which the minnow has) to be used as an ATO pump.
 
I currently use 1 doser head With a triple optical water sensor on my Blenny as my ATO. So far has worked very well
 
I thought this was always the case given this video from Top Shelf Aquatics. Question is can it also do like a 100g tank. I am hoping so. If not, back to plan B: Tunze.
 
Mine is on a 60ish gallon system. 54gal corner w sump
I lose about 1/2 gal a day and it runs a few times a day for about 3-4 min
to top off
 
I thought this was always the case given this video from Top Shelf Aquatics. Question is can it also do like a 100g tank. I am hoping so. If not, back to plan B: Tunze.
Yeah you can do this. Just note that you may need to replace the pump head tubing more often because it’s running longer than a smaller tank
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new