Hydros not wanting to reconnect

  • Thread starter Thread starter hbryan14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hbryan14

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2023
Messages
188
Reaction score
162
Location
manila
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hydros device is not wanting to reconnect to my wifi. I have fiber and it’s good wifi. Why isn’t it working? My alk has dropped cause my minnow doesn’t want to connect
 
What type of network? I believe Hydros only connects via 2.4 GHz. I had mine on a mesh network & I had connectivity issues even when specifically configuring my router to keep it on the 2.4

I ended up putting it (& a bunch of other IOT devices) on a dedicated 2.4GHz network & it's been much more stable.
 
+1 on contacting hydros support. Absolutely fantastic.
 
Did you reboot (unplug count to 10 and plug in)? I find the hydros needs a reboot every couple of months or else it disconnects.
 
Assuming the Minnow is your only device, or do you have a collective set up?

2.4ghz network is the only network it can connect to, make sure you have different names/passwords if you’re WiFi is setup as both 2.4/5ghz.

Reboot router and also unplug your devices from power.

Contact support.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new