Hydros Power Strip not responding.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone else get repeated alerts that their power strip is not responding? If so, did you do anything to fix it?

Alternatively, has anyone managed to stop the email alerts?

I don't think it is causing a problem for my aquarium, as it reconnects reasonably quickly, but I'm get 4 or 5 emails every day and it's starting to annoy me. I've tried changing the alert defaults to stop it emailing me (by setting the power bar as a yellow alert and disabling emails for yellow alerts) but it still does. I'd rather not completely disable all alerts for everything but that might have to be the next step.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not normally get these. Friday all my wifi devices lost connectivity. I was not at home but had my wife reboot my router and they all came back. One of them went out again and when I got home one of the lights on the ring of the power button was blue. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it still would not connect. I move the power bar to a different location and it has stayed connected since then. There is a pantry between the router and the control board were it was. I think my wife must have moved thing around in the pantery. She said she was throwing things out. My guess is she also moved things around and added some things. I don't have email enabled on any of the alert levels. They are all on push notification so I still get the notification on my phone and iPad. I just don't get any emails.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How is your network setup?
Your 2.4ghz is a dedicated ch correct. I was having the issue and my 2.4ghz ch is it’s own name. I turned off my WiFi 6 and tried giving them all static IP. They would still drop once a day or so. I finally got an old router and plugged it into my main router. Created a2.4ghz WiFi on it and ONLY my hydros stuff is connected to it and nothing else and haven’t had a drop since and it’s been a few weeks.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It is connected to a 2.4Ghz Wifi with it's own SSID. The router does also provide a 5Ghz signal but that has a separate SSID.

I could troubleshoot why it is dropping off, but the immediate question is why it is still sending me notification emails when I have specifically set it up not to. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't think so.

I'm going to turn off all notifications for everything tonight and see what happens.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Change notifications to none on the power strip

Attachments

• 5120FA4A-FBAB-4E04-A885-A23F15ABD557.png
    5120FA4A-FBAB-4E04-A885-A23F15ABD557.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I currently have it set to yellow, and in the preferences setup I have the yellow notification to just send push notifications (no email).

I'll try setting it to 'none' and see what happens.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have it set to yellow, and in the preferences setup I have the yellow notification to just send push notifications (no email).

I'll try setting it to 'none' and see what happens.
I have mine setup like this and I don't get any emails at all. I do get the push notification though.

AF393CD1-B5D0-49FA-B437-9FEB2C40929A.png

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have orange and red email notifications checked, but the power strip was set to yellow.

I also have the yellow push notifications checked, but I am not receiving any push notifications.

Where is that screenshot from? It is different from what I see on my iPhone (which doesn't show any of the LED settings). Also, is there a way to see all of the previous notifications? I can't find that either.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a iPad and have a beta version of the app but I have not changed any of the settings for several months. I had to setup the push notification on my phone and iPad for the app also. On my iPad they are there I just have pull down the push notifications from the top, but I don't erase them when I get them. here is a screenshot below. Below that is a screenshot of the notification settings for the hydros app in settings on the iPad. I have a android phone so it would not be the same as a iPhone.

AED00A25-38BD-4AF0-8898-04FCFB5F06DA.png

8D9C9DD8-5277-48F6-A01B-6F0BD96463D0.png

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What app version do you have installed on your phone? It is at the bottom of the right side menu. I think it sould be something like (209).

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, 209.

I have found the page with the LED settings; it was a separate page unlike your screenshot.

Push notifications are all set up as per your screenshot but I haven't been getting any, just the email notifications. I was initially getting the push notifications but, randomly, they appeared to stop when I turned off the email notifications. I was wondering if there was a bug in the app that transposed email and push notifications but I need to do some more investigation to find out exactly what is going on.

Your screenshot above does remind me of something though. I haven't received any notification of the controller not being connected to the cloud or offline, it is only the 'power strip not responding' emails that I am getting.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get a lot of internet outages which you may not get. I have them several times a day and if they last long enough I will get those. Do you have another device you can try the app on and see if you get them there? It would be easy to check the device offline if you have seperate modem just unhook the connection to the modem from the router. If it is all in one then unhook the cable from the modem or the incoming line from the modem. After a few minutes you should start getting the notifications on your device.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've tried everything I can think of and it's still not doing what I think it should.

I've tried all sorts of combinations including deleting and re-installing the app, rebooting the device, changing all of the notification settings, and nothing is working.

The latest issue now is that I turned all of the notifications on and set the power bar to red level. The idea was to start working backwards to confirm what does what.

Unplugging the power bar then set off the red flashing lights and beeper on the device, through the local notifications, as expected. However now, despite turning off all of the local notifications and putting the power bar back to yellow level, submitting the changes and rebooting the device, the red lights and beeper still come on when I unplug the power bar. Why is it still doing that?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happens if you set the power bar to none for notifications?Does the lights and audible still come on?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I set one of my power strips to red and unplugged it. after a while I got the local alarm. I plugged it back in and it connected but it took a while for the local alarm to stop. I changed it back to orange and tried it again and got no local alarm just the push notification. I had to give it a few minutes for the alarm to stop before I retried it back at orange. You may want to submit a support ticket for this if you are not getting the same results.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, so I have set all of the notification preferences (email, push, local) to off.

I turned the power strip level to off and turned off the power strip with no notifications (as expected). I then set the power bar level back to yellow, but all of the yellow notifications were still off. When I unplug the power strip I no longer get the local alarm, but I do still get an email even though email notifications are turned off.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is odd I have not got an email for months since I turned them all off. I do use orange on them though. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. You might give it a try an set the power strip to orange.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t quote me, but to get the push notifications to work, if I remember correctly I had to delete the app and reinstall it to approve the push notifications. Something like that.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I set a power strip to yellow and unplugged it.I did get a push notification but so far no email.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am going to have to look at this again tomorrow.

Just when I think I am getting somewhere then it does its own thing again. I think (but cannot be sure) that there might be some conflicts between the output notification levels and the notification preferences, but I will need to do some more testing tomorrow to be sure.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back