Hydros Sole issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pntbll687
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
2,416
Reaction score
2,844
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, hope it makes sense.

I'm running 225ml of kalk slurry through a hydros sole, at -40ml/minute (this way it pulls from the left side and pushes out the right side. It works just fine. It doses 24 times a day just like I want it to. If I adjust the dosage amount, it works.

The issue I'm having is in the app, when the sole is dosing the liquid, it ADDS the total dosage to my container volume instead of subtracting it. So at the end of the day my conatiner is +225ml from where it started. I didn't realize it was happening until the powerhead mixing the kalk slurry started sucking air the other day. I thought "oh, i set the container volume to high, better change it". That's when I realized the container had 27L of volume remaining, when I had set it for 14L at the start.

I've searched the facebook group for hydros and saw one person with the same issue, but there wasn't a resolution. There's nothing in the online manual that I can find that mentions setting the container volume to negative.

Anyone else have this issue or know a way to fix it?
 
That is because it is running backwards. There is no way to switch the connections and use a positive flow rate?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new