Hydros wave engine ETM back in stock?

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have any info or update on when the wave engine ETM will be back in stock? I have emailed coralvue but never got a reply. Been looking since February of this year. Any updated info would be appreciated. Thanks

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have any info or update on when the wave engine ETM will be back in stock? I have emailed coralvue but never got a reply. Been looking since February of this year. Any updated info would be appreciated. Thanks
Sorry to hear you didn't get a reply back from us, please make sure to check your Spam/Junk folder too, I see that very often.

As for the question at hand, now that the new WaveEnginev2 is out, the OG WaveEngine and ETM versions will not be re-released, HOWEVER, Every WEv2 is ready to accept the ETM Chip to communicate with Non-Mobius Ecoecth Vortech Pumps. If you are able to find the ETM Chip, it can be very easily installed to the WEv2.

The issue was the chip shortage, which was completely real, it is still difficult to find the required ETM chip. On top of that, any MP Pump that comes with Mobius out of the box will not be able to be connected.

OP
OP
wes84

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you didn't get a reply back from us, please make sure to check your Spam/Junk folder too, I see that very often.

As for the question at hand, now that the new WaveEnginev2 is out, the OG WaveEngine and ETM versions will not be re-released, HOWEVER, Every WEv2 is ready to accept the ETM Chip to communicate with Non-Mobius Ecoecth Vortech Pumps. If you are able to find the ETM Chip, it can be very easily installed to the WEv2.

The issue was the chip shortage, which was completely real, it is still difficult to find the required ETM chip. On top of that, any MP Pump that comes with Mobius out of the box will not be able to be connected.
Thanks for the quick reply and update. Looks like i wouldnt be able to use the ETM version anyway. I have (2) Tunze 6095’s (2) MP-40’s both of which are mobius ready, and plan to get 2 gyres. It would have been nice to be able to sync all of them together and get rid of some power supply bricks. I should still be able to sync the Tunzes and gyres with the V2 correct? (Im looking at (2) 2K icecap pump only) thanks for the help!

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick reply and update. Looks like i wouldnt be able to use the ETM version anyway. I have (2) Tunze 6095’s (2) MP-40’s both of which are mobius ready, and plan to get 2 gyres. It would have been nice to be able to sync all of them together and get rid of some power supply bricks. I should still be able to sync the Tunzes and gyres with the V2 correct? (Im looking at (2) 2K icecap pump only) thanks for the help!

Ahhh, no problem. Well, the MPs and Tunzes wouldn't have been able to eliminate power supplies like the Direct Wave Port Pumps. The MPs would have been controlled via RF in a Follower (Slave) Mode, the Tunzes will be able to be controlled, but via 0-10v, so you would get control, but not power.

Now the IceCap Gyres you mentioned are fully compatible and can be cost savings, I'll go into that below. Make sure to look into the Reef Octopus OctoPulse pumps too, they are incredibly built.

0-10v is a communication protocol. This will not power your pump devices. That is what the Direct Wave Ports are for on the WaveEngine. On the compatibility chart above, you will see the column for Direct Connection, these are the pumps that will connect directly to the WaveEngine to allow it to provide Power and Control.

Cost savings plays right into this. Say you have a WaveEngine and 1x pump. When you decide to add on more pumps, you no longer need to purchase the Pump, Power Supply, and Controller. All of the compatible WE pumps are sold as PUMP ONLY at a much lower cost. This does NOT come with the Power Supply or Controller, as now the WaveEngine acts as both.

OP
OP
wes84

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
wes84

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Connor At CoralVue Hi connor, can i run 4 pumps from one quad cable, or does each pump need its own quad cable? I believe i need 1 direct connect cord per pump, but not sure if i need 1 quad cable or 4 (Trying to get all the parts to hook up 2 Tunze 6095’s and 2 Icecap 2K to a wave engine v2) thanks again for the help!

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@wes84 For the Tunzes, you will only need 1 Quad Cable that has 4x 3.5mm jacks for 0-10v Control. You will also need the Tunze adaptor cable as they take a special connection.

For the 2x IceCap Gyre 2K, you will need the appropriate Direct Drive Adaptor Cable

OP
OP
wes84

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@wes84 For the Tunzes, you will only need 1 Quad Cable that has 4x 3.5mm jacks for 0-10v Control. You will also need the Tunze adaptor cable as they take a special connection.

For the 2x IceCap Gyre 2K, you will need the appropriate Direct Drive Adaptor Cable
Thank you!

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have an out of the box mobius Vortech and change the chip on it to one from and older controller it still wouldn't be compatible? Also is the chip the Wave Engine V2 is ready to accept the same chip that's in the older Ecotech Wireless products, or is it a completely different chip that fits the controller?

Thanks,

Adam

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back