Hydros wave engine flashing pink

njb2345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had this wave engine for about a week.

Was working good until today. It was flashing yellow and I couldn't connect. So I reset my router and still nothing. Reset the unit and still flashing yellow

Did a network reset and now it flashes pink but cant connect. Anyone have any ideas.

Tired resetting it like 10 times and tried to add a new device but nothing is working.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
njb2345

njb2345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea followed those steps and now it won't turn on any pumps on..

So frustrating

OP
OP
njb2345

njb2345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issues were with my icecap controller, but the steps seemed similar. Carlos is pretty in depth with support, but this seems to be the wifi reset:

OP
OP
njb2345

njb2345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issues were with my icecap controller, but the steps seemed similar. Carlos is pretty in depth with support, but this seems to be the wifi reset:

Its stuck in this mode and wont get out. I tried that reset like 10 times.

OP
OP
njb2345

njb2345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.. so I been using my android phone.. well I had to get a ipad and make it connect thru there.

I guess it dont like bluetooth thru android. But the sucky part is with this whole mess I deleted my waves and so on..

Have to start over again. Crazy

OP
OP
njb2345

njb2345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for trying to help guys. Weird that Android wouldn't connect thru bluetooth and there should be a way to get it out of that mode. What happens if you don't own any apple products.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, very odd. I'd still put in a ticket, maybe it's a bug with the app. Worth letting them know anyway. I agree, a backup config to cloud option would be great.

OP
OP
njb2345

njb2345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, very odd. I'd still put in a ticket, maybe it's a bug with the app. Worth letting them know anyway. I agree, a backup config to cloud option would be great.

100 Percent bud.. Thanks for the help

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had this wave engine for about a week.

Was working good until today. It was flashing yellow and I couldn't connect. So I reset my router and still nothing. Reset the unit and still flashing yellow

Did a network reset and now it flashes pink but cant connect. Anyone have any ideas.

Tired resetting it like 10 times and tried to add a new device but nothing is working.

Thank you @Peace River and @Kyl for helping @njb2345. I just alerted support if you hadn't already done so. Sorry again for the trouble! We'll be in touch later today. I am relieved you were able to get connected in the meantime.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the unit is flashing pink, that means it does not have any WiFi setting stored into the memory, so it is waiting for you to configure it.

To connect a unit that is flashing pink, please follow the directions found here:

If you have any issues during setup, please refer to the Appendices section at the bottom of the page.

Once you connect the unit to your WiFi, then you can download the latest version of the firmware. We are continually releasing firmware fixes to make it better. These changes include better WiFi connectivity, better Cloud connectivity, optimized pump profiles, and various bug fixes among many others.

OP
OP
njb2345

njb2345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the unit is flashing pink, that means it does not have any WiFi setting stored into the memory, so it is waiting for you to configure it.

To connect a unit that is flashing pink, please follow the directions found here:

If you have any issues during setup, please refer to the Appendices section at the bottom of the page.

Once you connect the unit to your WiFi, then you can download the latest version of the firmware. We are continually releasing firmware fixes to make it better. These changes include better WiFi connectivity, better Cloud connectivity, optimized pump profiles, and various bug fixes among many others.

Carlos that's for the reply. The issue is that with an android it wouldnt let me connect to it. Had to get an ipad

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carlos that's for the reply. The issue is that with an android it wouldnt let me connect to it. Had to get an ipad

I am guessing that you were trying to connect via Bluetooth.

There is an issue with low energy Bluetooth on ALL mobile devices. The problem is that the Bluetooth chip does not disconnect from the device even though the phone's software is telling it to disconnect. The phone's software is assuming that the connection has been dropped but it has not. When you try to connect again, the software "thinks" the connection is open and tries to connect but cannot. The only way to "drop/kill" the connection is to go to settings (you CANNOT use the "swipe down shortcut" to "Turn OFF" Bluetooth. All that does is prompt the software to kill the connection but the software ALREADY thinks it is dropped, so nothing happens) and turn your Bluetooth OFF/ON (unlike the swipe-down shortcut, this will turn the Bluetooth chip off and ensure that all connections are severed). After that, you should be able to start the app and reconnect to the device.

It is a PITA but a lot of devices are having that issue nowadays and the mobile makers seem to be ignoring the issue. Hopefully, they will fix that sometime in the future.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back