Hydros Wave Engine up and running

DeltecUSA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got off the phone with Carlos from CoralVue who gets a huge shout-out for helping me set up my Wave Engine. He couldn't have been nicer or more professional no matter how many questions I asked. I've got the WE running two Ecotech MP10WES pumps and a Maxspect XF330 Gyre on a 50g cube. As with most tech in this industry, getting one company's product to communicate with another company's product can be a dice roll. However, the videos on the WE set up page made this set up pretty straight forward. I had a bit of confusion as to how to get the SPS preset program to work which is why I had contacted CoralVue this afternoon, but Carlos got back to me with a phone call within minutes and solved the issue, which turned out to be a bit of operator error. The really cool thing he did was access my WE remotely through the Hydros app and we fine tuned my flow rates while on the phone. He was able to quickly set up a sine wave flow pattern, add a 10 minute every hour 'hurricane' flow pattern, and then a night time flow pattern all in about 15 minutes. I couldn't be happier. Plus I saved a bunch by buying the Maxspect without the controller and put that money into the WE which offset the cost by a decent amount.

For those of you with Ecotechs who have reservations about getting a WE, do not worry about compatibility issues. I have both my MP10 pumps set to slave (they are on opposite sides of the back glass), and the Gyre and one MP10 work together on one side, and the other MP10 is on an anti-sync flow pattern on the other side. No issues whatsoever. Unfortunately, you need to keep the power supply for each Ecotech but that's not a major concern of mine. Another nice feature is that you can create a grouping for your pumps and instead of having to change their flow pattern individually they can all be changed together at the same time via the group designation in the app.

We all know that there can be a bit of hesitation in picking up the 'latest and greatest' but based on my initial experience with the Wave Engine and the fantastic customer service CoralVue provided me, this is a bit of a no-brainer if you're looking to get control in one app for a lot of different pumps.

Doug

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great feedback on the Hydros WaveEngine!

...and yes, Carlos is awesome!!!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got off the phone with Carlos from CoralVue who gets a huge shout-out for helping me set up my Wave Engine. He couldn't have been nicer or more professional no matter how many questions I asked. I've got the WE running two Ecotech MP10WES pumps and a Maxspect XF330 Gyre on a 50g cube. As with most tech in this industry, getting one company's product to communicate with another company's product can be a dice roll. However, the videos on the WE set up page made this set up pretty straight forward. I had a bit of confusion as to how to get the SPS preset program to work which is why I had contacted CoralVue this afternoon, but Carlos got back to me with a phone call within minutes and solved the issue, which turned out to be a bit of operator error. The really cool thing he did was access my WE remotely through the Hydros app and we fine tuned my flow rates while on the phone. He was able to quickly set up a sine wave flow pattern, add a 10 minute every hour 'hurricane' flow pattern, and then a night time flow pattern all in about 15 minutes. I couldn't be happier. Plus I saved a bunch by buying the Maxspect without the controller and put that money into the WE which offset the cost by a decent amount.

For those of you with Ecotechs who have reservations about getting a WE, do not worry about compatibility issues. I have both my MP10 pumps set to slave (they are on opposite sides of the back glass), and the Gyre and one MP10 work together on one side, and the other MP10 is on an anti-sync flow pattern on the other side. No issues whatsoever. Unfortunately, you need to keep the power supply for each Ecotech but that's not a major concern of mine. Another nice feature is that you can create a grouping for your pumps and instead of having to change their flow pattern individually they can all be changed together at the same time via the group designation in the app.

We all know that there can be a bit of hesitation in picking up the 'latest and greatest' but based on my initial experience with the Wave Engine and the fantastic customer service CoralVue provided me, this is a bit of a no-brainer if you're looking to get control in one app for a lot of different pumps.

Doug

Thank you so much for your kind words! I know @Carlos@CoralVue appreciates it! ;Shamefullyembarrased Glad you're digging the WaveEngine! Thank you for being an early adopter!

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the sps mode? I have two mp40's and two xf330's and this seems like the best solution to running them all together. Plus, hooking the gyres up directly is very cool.

Thank you for using the WaveEngine! We are coming out with 2 new videos tomorrow about Presets and Triggers. ;Shamefullyembarrased

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Time to sell some frags and fund my next purchase. :p

I spoke too soon ... we are going to recut the Triggers episode, so we'll probably hold off on releasing them until Sunday or Monday.

giphy.gif

Back