Hydros Wave Engine v2

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious if anyone is using the hydros wave engine with 4 Octo pulses at all. I’m trying to find a good schedule for an sps dominant tank. I’m still learning it all…there are tons of settings !!

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone is using the hydros wave engine with 4 Octo pulses at all. I’m trying to find a good schedule for an sps dominant tank. I’m still learning it all…there are tons of settings !!

I'm running a WaveEngine for 1x IceCap Gyre and 2x Reef Octopus OctoPulse 4. I have multiple schedules going throughout the day, bursts, and lagoons...these pumps can really take a beating.

The schedules are going to be completely up to you, what your corals/fish are demanding, and you can accommodate by creating multiple schedules throughout the day to get the best of everything...and mimic the wild.

13 Presets, including Sine Wave, Square Wave, Gyre, Four Square, Random, Ocean Swell, etc, to choose from to trigger throughout the day/week/month. Thats right....you can have a hurricane come through once a month...super customizable!

I recommend playing with a Morning/Afternoon/Sunset/Overnight group of 4 schedules and play around with what you think is best.

Make sure to reach out to support if you need any help!

***FUN TIP...with the WaveEnginev2 specifically...you can control up to 8x WiFi devices...that includes AutoFeeders, WiFi Outlet Strips, WiFi Outlet Plugs. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back