Hydros wave LE problem

Ox100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000001964.jpg
Having an issue with my wave engine LE everything appears alright but error is saying check pump but there nothing wrong with pumps I took them apart and seemed fine

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000001964.jpg
Having an issue with my wave engine LE everything appears alright but error is saying check pump but there nothing wrong with pumps I took them apart and seemed fine
You do have the power supply to the WE LE hooked up and plugged in? The WE LE has to have it's power supply connected and powered for the pumps to run. The WE LE brain can be powered from command bus power but not the pumps.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as power supplies the one thing to remember is if it connects directly to a command bus port then do not use it if there is a XP8, X10, XD, Kraken or Wave Engine in the collective. They are not needed but they cannot be isolated. The others are isolated within the controllers like you WE LE. That isolation prevents power from the bus from getting to the pumps since they are on the power supply side of the isolation. This also keeps higher current devices from loading down the bus voltage also, but the main reason is to keep the bus current from entering the power supply if it were to become powered down. That can damage the power supply in some cases and is the reason for removing the power packs that connect directly to the command bus. To my knowledge those were only supplied with starter kits.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back