Hygger Mini Magnets Submersibility

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a quick search and couldn’t find much. I’m looking at the Hygger Mini Wavemakers for a future AIO build. Looking at Amazon review pics, it appears some have them attached to the back wall with the external magnet submerged. Can anyone confirm it’s a sealed magnet? I asked Hygger but haven’t heard back and the Amazon ad only states the controller is not submersible. If it’s not sealed that’s fine, I have some options. Just trying to plan ahead.

Diastro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not home currently but I can provide some pics of mine. Iirc the outside magnet is not sealed and can be removed from the little silicone cover thing. And then the inside magnet is sealed the the attachment part but I'll have to check again to make sure this is correct.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If they are the same as their skimmer magnets I believe so. This skimmer comes with 4 identical magnets and 2 of them are supposed to be placed on the wet side. . . leading me to believe they are all safe to be in the water. . . if that makes sense. I have 2 of them on the wet side in my AIO tank (for reasons).

As said above the magnets can come out of the suction cup and the magnet is sealed in plastic. . .

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the responses. Definitely helpful.

Diastro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20231114_050439308.jpg

Hope this helps.

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just happened to have mine off my tank for maintenance tonight. Here’s a close up of the external magnet. There is a seam around the edge, I’m not sure how well it is sealed but it looks like it may be waterproof.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 23

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If they are the same as their skimmer magnets I believe so. This skimmer comes with 4 identical magnets and 2 of them are supposed to be placed on the wet side. . . leading me to believe they are all safe to be in the water. . . if that makes sense. I have 2 of them on the wet side in my AIO tank (for reasons).

As said above the magnets can come out of the suction cup and the magnet is sealed in plastic. . .
AHHH wait my skimmer is HYDOR not HYGGER!!! Forget what I said!!!

Mine do look like this though!
I just happened to have mine off my tank for maintenance tonight. Here’s a close up of the external magnet. There is a seam around the edge, I’m not sure how well it is sealed but it looks like it may be waterproof.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some of these as well and the magnets are sealed but a word of warning, as with all magnets make sure you inspect them often as two of mine has evidence of rust on it. It is on the wet/inner magnet, on the side that is on the glass in the rubber gasket. The first pic it is just starting and the second it is quite a large bit.. They are a great little wave maker but if I use them again I will DIY a new mounting system

Attachments

• IMG_7278.jpg
    IMG_7278.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7281.jpg
    IMG_7281.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7282.jpg
    IMG_7282.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to here and thanks! This definitely helps out

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hydor Nano, inside and outside magnets are the same. You can Swap them with no problem. I’m assuming you want to put the pump on the back wall, with the external magnet in the back chamber.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hydor Nano, inside and outside magnets are the same. You can Swap them with no problem. I’m assuming you want to put the pump on the back wall, with the external magnet in the back chamber.
That is exactly what I’d like to do with the Hygger

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back