Hygger WaveMaker vibrating loudly

Scottayy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for other hygger owners here.

My WaveMaker, which is about a month old, recently started vibrating loudly. It was whisper quiet up until this.

When in pulse mode, the sound only comes when the impeller is engaged. Kind of sounds like one of the blades is hitting the casing.

I cleaned it with a toothbrush in tank water today but the problem still persists.

Anybody else experience this? How did you fix it? Does the case come off to better clean the impeller? I didn't want to force it and break it.

Thanks in advance!

kingjames_dc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hygger and have never experienced this at all. I cannot even hear mine when it’s on the only way I know is by the display or water movement. Are you sure you have the rubber piece on the back properly placed. I have noticed that if the holes aren’t lined up it will sit tilted slightly. The rubber nippes on the propeller piece should line up with the magnetic side and then the nipple should be pushed in to lock it in to place. This allows for the vibration to be eliminated on the glass.

2FE38888-B7CB-4014-97C7-905F0A8F795B.png

OP
OP
S

Scottayy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I will double check it's seating tomorrow. I assume it's fine, because one day it just started doing it and I hadn't touched it. And then I took it out and cleaned it and reseated it today. And it is still doing it.

But that is a good thought and I will make sure that's not it.

Does the case come off the impeller for better cleaning?

oceanleaf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a hygger and experienced the same problem as you before.
Mine was caused by grains of sand got stuck inside. It resolved after thorough cleaning of the unit.
You can open it up to clean up just like kingjames_dc5 suggested.

OP
OP
S

Scottayy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both.

The sand is very possible as it had sand on the outside of it. I think a snail brought it up there.

I'll take it apart tomorrow and see if i can resolve.

OP
OP
S

Scottayy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I took it apart and scrubbed it thoroughly with a toothbrush in tank water.

I seated it again, paying close attention and everything is snug.

I guess mine just malfunctioned somehow.

I sent an email to hygger, and they got back to me really fast and luckily are sending me a replacement part.

I really like this WaveMaker, and I understand things happen. With their quick response and free replacement part, my opinion of the WaveMaker doesn't change. Quality equipment and great support.

Back