I’m an Island, again.

SteveMM62Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
2,639
Reaction score
1,617
Location
La Plata
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a phone message at 4:00 am something to evacuate. County just came to door, to tell me the last way out is closing. I’ve lost track of the number of times, we’ve had costal flooding this year. I’m okay, have the highest property on my road and in the area. Just the low lying roads at the creeks are awash.
 
Now's your chance to become your own Island Country! You can even be KING!

All kidding aside - be careful! If I was on high ground, with a generator and enough food and fuel to ride it out, I'd probably do the same.
 
Must not have been that bad, never saw a traffic let up on my road. Picture is from another flood, after they opened the road back up.

C2B6A92B-A123-443A-BAD3-6DE0F6AC639F.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new