I’m at a loss for words

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is a new one. Had my girlfriend pick up some live black worms today. She decided it was a good idea to put them all in at once when she got home. So now I’m stuck cleaning the mess of course. When I arrived home I found my skimmer overflowing like crazy and thousands I mean thousands of dead worms covering my sand bed my rock work and just about every part is my tank. Already mixing water to do an emergency water change. What else do I need to do and what damages are going to happen to my tank

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vacuum out as many as you can get and replace water. You should have days before they decompose in the tank

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well this is a new one. Had my girlfriend pick up some live black worms today. She decided it was a good idea to put them all in at once when she got home. So now I’m stuck cleaning the mess of course. When I arrived home I found my skimmer overflowing like crazy and thousands I mean thousands of dead worms covering my sand bed my rock work and just about every part is my tank. Already mixing water to do an emergency water change. What else do I need to do and what damages are going to happen to my tank
Do a thorough siphoning of tank bedding and add carbon and continue to run skimmer with cup off IF still foaming. Blackworms live a short time in saltwater, one reason I dont feed them to my tank and can quickly foul a tank if not removed

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back