I’m back!!!!

Suggsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you may remember me …. I took a little break as I met my fiancé and moved 100 miles away.

we were renting places so I had family taking care of my tank back home. I just bought a house about 4 months ago. (Paying bills has had me too broke to get the stuff to move my tank, but my family was enjoying it).

It was still going strong.

well I’m in Louisiana and back home got hit by hurricane Ida…. Without lights 12 days and no generator to run the tank….

After 12 days it was nuked. I was bummed about losing it all.

Then I got a call…. They decided to try to empty it some because it smelled horrible. Well they tried to lift it and shattered it. >.<

I was able to find another 32 biocube an hour and a half away. So yesterday myself and my fiancé took a trip to pack up what I had left (testing stuff,powerhead,pump and my stand pretty much). Lost all my supplements :( But picked up another biocube (my family paid to replace it, thankful for that).

I moved to the country the closest aquarium shop is an hour and a half away. So I decided I would have to start making my own saltwater which I’ve never done.

Thankfully near where I picked up the biocube someone had an Ro buddy for sale.

So today I’m cleaning up things I rescued (my rocks and pumps.) As well as making water mid kitchen.

Picked up a brute and slowly filling it up. As I try to keep my cats away from all the tubing mid kitchen. Lol

hopefully I can recover fully from the loss eventually. But for now I’m starting over fresh.

r.i.p. to my original biocube but it’s a new start in my own house. So theres no telling how extreme I’ll go.

don’t mind my house being messy in the pic. I’m in my zone redoing stuff. Lol

CE8E48BD-23C4-4D2D-800F-4C067FF5914D.jpeg 091C1BB6-80B6-4E6B-A2B4-F6F34ECC23C2.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What an adventure! Glad you're safe and glad you're back!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you may remember me …. I took a little break as I met my fiancé and moved 100 miles away.

we were renting places so I had family taking care of my tank back home. I just bought a house about 4 months ago. (Paying bills has had me too broke to get the stuff to move my tank, but my family was enjoying it).

well I’m in Louisiana and back home got hit by hurricane Ida…. Without lights 12 days and no generator to run the tank….

Then I got a call…. They decided to try to empty it some because it smelled horrible. Well they tried to lift it and shattered it. >.<

I was able to find another 32 biocube an hour and a half away. So yesterday myself and my fiancé took a trip to pack up what I had left (testing stuff,powerhead,pump and my stand pretty much). Lost all my supplements :( But picked up another biocube (my family paid to replace it, thankful for that).

I moved to the country the closest aquarium shop is an hour and a half away. So I decided I would have to start making my own saltwater which I’ve never done.

So today I’m cleaning up things I rescued (my rocks and pumps.) As well as making water mid kitchen.

Picked up a brute and slowly filling it up. As I try to keep my cats away from all the tubing mid kitchen. Lol

hopefully I can recover fully from the loss eventually. But for now I’m starting over fresh.

r.i.p. to my original biocube but it’s a new start in my own house. So theres no telling how extreme I’ll go.

CE8E48BD-23C4-4D2D-800F-4C067FF5914D.jpeg 091C1BB6-80B6-4E6B-A2B4-F6F34ECC23C2.jpeg
WOW! Welcome Back, sorry for your losses. Congrats on new home & new tank!

Sounds like you and your family have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability - which is great both for this hobby and for life.

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome!!

Back