I’m so mad

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last three weeks my nutrients levels have been great, I have been dosing once a week, and now they all fell hard, like hard, hard

last week if I recall it was
Cal over 500
Alk 121
Nitrate 5-7ppm
Phos .10-.20 ppm

today
Cal just barely over 500
Alk under 100 around 87
Nitrate 3ppm
Phos I don’t even think I have phospates anymore.
This is the second time my levels have fallen I’m so annoyed as last time it took two weeks to fix.I scrub angles daily to stop it from sucking up my nitrate and phospates
My corla live stock is
Forgspawn
6 ricordias
Two zoa coloines I don’t know who they all used up the Alk and calcium, I’m just so tired of this any help of any kind is great, thanks

OP
OP
Fishology

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As your corals grow they will consume more. There is no way to avoid this...
Ya I know this but the forgspawn has started to lose some color. This also isn’t the first time this happen I have a ten gallon with only muchrooms and a zoa, I used to have hammers and Duncan’s in there they were doing great but then they all just died. I just don’t want that to happen as I amor if these corals were gifts for firmed and family

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya. That can be frustrating and gut wrenching. I've recently started to have to manipulate my parameters manually as corals have started taking off as well. No nutrients can kill corals I've come to find out as they need some levels to maintain regular bodily functions let alone grow. There's a good reason there is a HUGE additives section on BRS (and any other site)

I've been using this reference chart to keep my parameters within the recommended values...

OP
OP
Fishology

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya. That can be frustrating and gut wrenching. I've recently started to have to manipulate my parameters manually as corals have started taking off as well. No nutrients can kill corals I've come to find out as they need some levels to maintain regular bodily functions let alone grow. There's a good reason there is a HUGE additives section on BRS (and any other site)

I've been using this reference chart to keep my parameters within the recommended values...
Thanks it’s helps a lot I’m start dosing twice a week and check them all again this week, I just did a massive dose today as I use liquid dosing I might switch to powder instead at it last almost three times longer. I’ll definitely look into the chart

OP
OP
Fishology

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 2951DABE-C2B4-42EC-958A-5365E36580DC.png
    2951DABE-C2B4-42EC-958A-5365E36580DC.png
    220.7 KB · Views: 18

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed once a day, should I boost it up to twice

Do you have fish in the tank? What fish specifically? I can't see any that will do well long term with once a day feeding. If this is a coral only tank then nm.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last three weeks my nutrients levels have been great, I have been dosing once a week, and now they all fell hard, like hard, hard

last week if I recall it was
Cal over 500
Alk 121
Nitrate 5-7ppm
Phos .10-.20 ppm

today
Cal just barely over 500
Alk under 100 around 87
Nitrate 3ppm
Phos I don’t even think I have phospates anymore.
This is the second time my levels have fallen I’m so annoyed as last time it took two weeks to fix.I scrub angles daily to stop it from sucking up my nitrate and phospates
My corla live stock is
Forgspawn
6 ricordias
Two zoa coloines I don’t know who they all used up the Alk and calcium, I’m just so tired of this any help of any kind is great, thanks
Clarification: this is a new system?

OP
OP
Fishology

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have fish in the tank? What fish specifically? I can't see any that will do well long term with once a day feeding. If this is a coral only tank then nm.
Clowns royal
Royal grama basslet
Watchmen goby
And a moon fish I think? Don’t remember.
I feed frozen and flake one a day but I have 7 other tanks so a use two cubes and a handful of flakes. Is technically is a large feeding one a day

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns royal
Royal grama basslet
Watchmen goby
And a moon fish I think? Don’t remember.
I feed frozen and flake one a day but I have 7 other tanks so a use two cubes and a handful of flakes. Is technically is a large feeding one a day
Pic of the royal grama?

OP
OP
Fishology

Fishology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always one of my favorites
I almost lost him I added some decor and it’s bleached out chemicals into the tank and he’s was just laying there gapsing, he’s was better now he’s explores and gets excited when I’m close to the tank

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorta its almost a year old
It seems that your observation about nutrient variation is not uncommon for new systems based on R2R posts. I never heard an explanation that I liked for this variability.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back