I’m tired of the bristle worm bigotry

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never has there ever been such a perfect cuc member of our tanks that is so hated. They only come out at night, breed perfectly to the scale of detritus in your tank, you only have to buy them once, don’t harm anything, and are wildly effective.

All of that said, some pompous nitwit insists on telling a beginner to “remove it immediately” (with three exclamation points) from their tank just about everyday.

I will tolerate this no longer and am proposing a complete ban on this kind of discrimination.

Bristles are a great addition to every tank, here are my pals doing the heavy lifting at night.
F993AAD3-DD09-4670-9925-3E64D8C21332.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have no problem with them right up until the point I'm pulling spines out of my finger... LOL
air dry finger ,dab gently w duct tape ;)

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine. I proactively looked for them when I started my noob tank. And we have both signed a contract with very clear understanding. They are allowed all the detritus they want at night as long as they don't roam my rocks or sand during the day. The sump and the refugium are permitted at all times. There have been no contract defaults so far :) :).

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never has there ever been such a perfect cuc member of our tanks that is so hated. They only come out at night, breed perfectly to the scale of detritus in your tank, you only have to buy them once, don’t harm anything, and are wildly effective.

All of that said, some pompous nitwit insists on telling a beginner to “remove it immediately” (with three exclamation points) from their tank just about everyday.

I will tolerate this no longer and am proposing a complete ban on this kind of discrimination.

Bristles are a great addition to every tank, here are my pals doing the heavy lifting at night.
F993AAD3-DD09-4670-9925-3E64D8C21332.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Not welcomed in my tank. They get large as i found out and once multiplying are everywhere. After I pulled a 16" one out of my old 360g- no longer do I want them.
Agree , they are harmless and neat in their own manner especially since they eat detritus and decaying matter which is a huge help

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bajillion of the small ones in both the display and frag tanks.

I also have 2 huge worms - not sure if they are 'bristle' worms but they rock. The one in this video is probs 4ft in length when stretching out.

Oh my F%@#*~! goodness. We will pray for your safety ;)

clm65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bajillion of the small ones in both the display and frag tanks.

I also have 2 huge worms - not sure if they are 'bristle' worms but they rock. The one in this video is probs 4ft in length when stretching out.

Wowzers! I hope you have a locking lid on that tank and sleep with one eye open!

I am a big fan of bristle worms, but I'm not a fan of big bristle worms. That one would have to go!

Tomcitienet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristles worms are the reason I now refuse to buy actual live rock. I previously had a tank infested with them and never again. Whenever I see a picture of a tank with them, I scroll away as fast as possible. I know they're useful but I hate them.

OP
OP
living_tribunal

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristles worms are the reason I now refuse to buy actual live rock. I previously had a tank infested with them and never again. Whenever I see a picture of a tank with them, I scroll away as fast as possible. I know they're useful but I hate them.
Keep scrolling past this thread, we don’t discriminate here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back