I’m truly stumped

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lifegard aquatics AIO tank and I’m absolutely baffled right now. The water level in the tank is above the teeth of the overflow but not actually falling through. How is this possible? Is the water not pushing through the teeth with enough force to break the water tension?? Only reason why I could see that as a possibility is because I have a light mount that dips into the water about an inch from the overflow. But it only stretches out about 1/2”

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is odd. I’ve had 2 of the 7-gallon AIO and it worked fine. Sounds like you either don’t have it level, or you need to raise the water level. Possibly a stronger return pump— because for some reason water cohesion is holding the water back from coming through the weir, if I understand you correctly. Best wishes!

E65DF4DB-DFD7-4D2F-B68E-6529931A6136.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sounds like water is being delivered faster than it is entering pump area. Slow down the pump power and you should see increase in overflow

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is odd. I’ve had 2 of the 7-gallon AIO and it worked fine. Sounds like you either don’t have it level, or you need to raise the water level. Possibly a stronger return pump— because for some reason water cohesion is holding the water back from coming through the weir, if I understand you correctly. Best wishes!

E65DF4DB-DFD7-4D2F-B68E-6529931A6136.jpeg
Definitely not a return flow issue because I have a 150gph pump in there. Could be the water level but it’s already 1/3 of the way up the teeth. If I raise it too high then I don’t get any surface skimming

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
52D10F2A-7DBF-4C24-9F2D-728EC799237C.jpeg

If it’s the 7-gallon, a 150 gph pump does seem like a lot. The Lifeguard Aquatics for that tank are closer to 100 gph (+/-)

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
52D10F2A-7DBF-4C24-9F2D-728EC799237C.jpeg

If it’s the 7-gallon, a 150 gph pump does seem like a lot. The Lifeguard Aquatics for that tank are closer to 100 gph (+/-)
I’m starting to agree. I might switch the pumps out and see how my acros do just so I can plug the bottom drain hole. It’s just odd to me how little flow the filtration system can handle

GnarcoticFiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lifegard aquatics AIO tank and I’m absolutely baffled right now. The water level in the tank is above the teeth of the overflow but not actually falling through. How is this possible? Is the water not pushing through the teeth with enough force to break the water tension?? Only reason why I could see that as a possibility is because I have a light mount that dips into the water about an inch from the overflow. But it only stretches out about 1/2”
Hey Montantk, same things happening to me at the moment too with my aio tank. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks bud

GnarcoticFiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! So I put the stock pump back in and plugged the bottom hole. Haven’t had any issues with water level since
Thank you for replying so quickly! Yeah my problems started too when I upgraded the pump now the water just sits over the media basket and doesn’t seem to fall through. Maybe it’s just too strong because most of the water gets dumped from the rear into the display. I’m going to try using the stock pump and see if that fixes it ✌

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for replying so quickly! Yeah my problems started too when I upgraded the pump now the water just sits over the media basket and doesn’t seem to fall through. Maybe it’s just too strong because most of the water gets dumped from the rear into the display. I’m going to try using the stock pump and see if that fixes it ✌
That should fix it! I think when the bottom hole is open most of the water comes through there. Then when you plug it the filtration can’t keep up with the stronger pump

GnarcoticFiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should fix it! I think when the bottom hole is open most of the water comes through there. Then when you plug it the filtration can’t keep up with the stronger pump
Exactly what i’m thinking, I have a media basket stuffed with floss, sponges, and carbon so that has to be slowing it down to some degree. The pumps pushing it out faster than the water can fall through all my media. I’m gonna try turning the pump down and if that doesn’t work i guess i’ll have to go back to my noisy stock pump

Back