I’ve exhausted all options

I also getting a par meter. Upgrading tanks may mean you need a higher out put
 
Can you share more specifically what you are seeing from your corals when they die? It looks like you keep almost exclusively Euphyllia - is their flesh band gradually receding? +1 to getting an ICP done but if nothing jumps out from that I’d guess pathogen/bacterial issue.
 
May be silly but never hurts to verify, any way to double check the salinity? If that checks out ICP would be my next go-to.
 
Buy the seneye! I don’t use it for anything other than PAR. Much cheaper alternative and from BRS testing pretty good.

Power packs for LED lights don’t last. I had issues with growth, tested the par and I couldn’t believe the reduction I was seeing. Purchased a commercial led power driver to run x3 Red Sea 90s instead. Rock solid since.
 
Can you share more specifically what you are seeing from your corals when they die? It looks like you keep almost exclusively Euphyllia - is their flesh band gradually receding? +1 to getting an ICP done but if nothing jumps out from that I’d guess pathogen/bacterial issue.
I wish I took more photos but I’m just in the stage of disappointment and at this point I just do water changes and feed my fish 3 times a day. But over the course of 3ish weeks after adding the new coral the flesh bands vanished then survived for another 2 months then for about 2 weeks my torch would look perfect one day the next it’d show skeleton then look perfect then the next show even more skeleton. That continued until it completely died then right after white goop covered the top of the skeleton. Same white goop covered my gold hammer after they died, this was right after cycling. I thought it was some sort of brown jelly so I removed the coral and didn’t even try to save the last 2 heads since it was a small head hammer and I would’ve more then likely killed those fragging them. I added the torch 2 months after the hammer had the issue. Then the rainbow hammer was polyp bail out once one went the other 12 heads followed suit.
 
I wish I took more photos but I’m just in the stage of disappointment and at this point I just do water changes and feed my fish 3 times a day. But over the course of 3ish weeks after adding the new coral the flesh bands vanished then survived for another 2 months then for about 2 weeks my torch would look perfect one day the next it’d show skeleton then look perfect then the next show even more skeleton. That continued until it completely died then right after white goop covered the top of the skeleton. Same white goop covered my gold hammer after they died, this was right after cycling. I thought it was some sort of brown jelly so I removed the coral and didn’t even try to save the last 2 heads since it was a small head hammer and I would’ve more then likely killed those fragging them. I added the torch 2 months after the hammer had the issue. Then the rainbow hammer was polyp bail out once one went the other 12 heads followed suit.
That does sound like a bacterial infection.
 
I wish I took more photos but I’m just in the stage of disappointment and at this point I just do water changes and feed my fish 3 times a day. But over the course of 3ish weeks after adding the new coral the flesh bands vanished then survived for another 2 months then for about 2 weeks my torch would look perfect one day the next it’d show skeleton then look perfect then the next show even more skeleton. That continued until it completely died then right after white goop covered the top of the skeleton. Same white goop covered my gold hammer after they died, this was right after cycling. I thought it was some sort of brown jelly so I removed the coral and didn’t even try to save the last 2 heads since it was a small head hammer and I would’ve more then likely killed those fragging them. I added the torch 2 months after the hammer had the issue. Then the rainbow hammer was polyp bail out once one went the other 12 heads followed suit.
That does sound like a bacterial infection.
Would chemipure blue help assist the issue I’ve been running it since the hammer had the issue before the torch I swap bags monthly
 
First thing i thought of is an icp test. Your parameters seems fine to me. I highly doubt lighting is the factor.. even with at a lower light setting wont kill corals like that.

ICP test WILL give you a starting point, then adjust accordingly with the results.
 
Would chemipure blue help assist the issue I’ve been running it since the hammer had the issue before the torch I swap bags monthly
Won't do anything about bacterial
 
Would chemipure blue help assist the issue I’ve been running it since the hammer had the issue before the torch I swap bags monthly
Won't do anything about bacterial
Kinda confirmed it’s bacterial when I took a deeper look and coralline is growing like crazy debating on seeing if water changes and hope for the best and doing an sps dominated tank or grabbing a uv sterilizer.
 
Would chemipure blue help assist the issue I’ve been running it since the hammer had the issue before the torch I swap bags monthly

Chemipure blue is largely an organic binding product. I do not know if that will help or not.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new