I am a Winner!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jdubyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really are good people left in the world.... Good for you though seriously. Even announcing it publicly. I have had nothing but good experiences with BRS so hopefully they let you keep it or hand you some store credit. Props to you good sir.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing the right thing is hard sometimes for sure, good on ya for choosing to let BRS know.

*However I would let the know the story as you did us. “Oh I was just sooooo excited! Thought I’d won one of your giveaways! But after checking it looks like just a mix up.... woe is me... “ Maybe letting them know just how excited you were and just how “sad” you were to find it was likely just a mix up, but chose to call a do the right thing will pull at their heartstrings and they’ll decide to “expense” it out or give you a really good deal on it. Maybe...,,

I personally know karma would kick me square in the tookus if I kept it and said nothing. I bet karma would cut the pump tubing and spray both power bars and head unit with water, along with all the other power bricks nearby.... that karma is a cold hearted, crazy ex, with MacGyver like resources.

OP
OP
emonemo

emonemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called customer service and they're going to ship the missing Hanna Checker 2nd day air and send me a label for the Apex return. I already had another order in picking and asked if they could just add the Hanna Checker in on that box but customer service said they couldn't. I understand that might have added more confusion to things. The customer service rep thanked me for bringing it to their attention and said I'd be getting some reward points for being honest.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called customer service and they're going to ship the missing Hanna Checker 2nd day air and send me a label for the Apex return. I already had another order in picking and asked if they could just add the Hanna Checker in on that box but customer service said they couldn't. I understand that might have added more confusion to things. The customer service rep thanked me for bringing it to their attention and said I'd be getting some reward points for being honest.
That’s kind is a let down that you didn’t actually win the apex. I hope they really hook you up with some points seeing that the apex is $800. Nice to see another honest people in this hobby.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in no position to make suggestions to BRS, however this was an oversight by BRS and I think that your reward points should equal $400.

If you were greedy like most other people they would've been out ~$500 (their cost), I understand it's a drop in the bucket for BRS but they need to reward you for your honesty, and cutting that loss in half is a win win.

It would be unwise for them not to credit you with at least 2000 reward points. It would send the wrong message if they didn't.

OP
OP
emonemo

emonemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to send it back which is fine, I expected that. The rewards thing was like an underhanded compliment though. We'll give you some reward points...Once we get the Apex return back. So that ticked me off a little. I'm sure that's policy but the rep didn't have to deliver it like that. They don't owe me anything ( other than a Hanna Checker) so any points are great because I will be spending lots more with them in the future.

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to send it back which is fine, I expected that. The rewards thing was like an underhanded compliment though. We'll give you some reward points...Once we get the Apex return back. So that ticked me off a little. I'm sure that's policy but the rep didn't have to deliver it like that. They don't owe me anything ( other than a Hanna Checker) so any points are great because I will be spending lots more with them in the future.
Been funny to say I’ll send it back when I get my rewards points

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, they should have at least gone out of their way to pack your other order up and if it meant risking sending you 2x Hanna checkers, so be it. I do local pickup all the time, it's not some crazy-sized operation or anything. CS can walk back to the warehouse in less than a minute and check on stuff.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey @emonemo,
We GREATLY appreciate the honesty. While I'd like to think that we're perfect 100% of the time, that's just not possible and mix ups do happen every once in a while. Can you send me a PM with the email address on your BRS account? I've got a little something that I'd like to send your way. While it's not as valuable as an Apex, hopefully it shows our appreciation :D

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey @emonemo,
We GREATLY appreciate the honesty. While I'd like to think that we're perfect 100% of the time, that's just not possible and mix ups do happen every once in a while. Can you send me a PM with the email address on your BRS account? I've got a little something that I'd like to send your way. While it's not as valuable as an Apex, hopefully it shows our appreciation :D
He won’t the apex deal or no deal ‍:)

yan2pr

I grow GHA better than anything else
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS right now!!!

9e92dd8c-1f12-4426-b7ac-131dca1d294a_screenshot.jpg

Dont know man, the fact that he or she didnt even asked for anything makes it even better. You restored some faith in humanity.

OP
OP
emonemo

emonemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS right now!!!

9e92dd8c-1f12-4426-b7ac-131dca1d294a_screenshot.jpg

Dont know man, the fact that he or she didnt even asked for anything makes it even better. You restored some faith in humanity.
HaHa. If I was so virtuous I would have quietly returned it, not posted on a forum. I mainly did it so I would hold myself to sending it back, it was very tempting sitting there all weekend. Secondly was to let people know mistakes go either direction and if you're shorted something it goes the other way sometimes.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HaHa. If I was so virtuous I would have quietly returned it, not posted on a forum. I mainly did it so I would hold myself to sending it back, it was very tempting sitting there all weekend. Secondly was to let people know mistakes go either direction and if you're shorted something it goes the other way sometimes.
If I get to the "Pearly Gates" before you, I will tell the gate-keeper the story of your virtuous deed and insist you get upgraded accommodations. ;Joyful

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @emonemo,
PM Sent!
giphy.gif

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back