I am not a fish

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2023
Messages
19,495
Reaction score
34,766
Location
USA
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don’t just photograph coral, I also enjoy photographing insects. I just took these and wanted to share

Is it momma with a baby? Or two random moths

868C8BC4-9404-475E-ADFB-D85A204A171D.jpeg
39943712-C64B-46E7-B11B-699892350B79.jpeg
74B2399D-4C8E-4B8D-A928-A1235D80646D.jpeg
4AFF4689-E32F-414E-B890-683A1C1E8C9B.jpeg
8F44EE40-BAB7-4FE9-9C89-C0308190BF1E.jpeg



And a different one on my screen door.

85A21C5C-664B-4748-86B9-264DBCD26B90.jpeg
 
The butterfly looks like a Hackberry Emperor (Asterocampa celtis).

The tiny bug isn’t a butterfly but a species of ‘Leafhopper’, the adult form of ‘Spitbugs’. Possibly Niliparvata lugens, but also unsure.

The moth is a Brown Shaded Gray Moth (Iridopsis defectaria).

Great pics!
 
Cicada one of many lol
14A5E5AB-89FD-4811-8D61-A65A904F1145.jpeg
F5C9419E-CC23-4DE4-A135-EFAC9136C3EC.jpeg
 
Great looking pictures!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new