I Believe I've Solved The Bubble Tip Mystery

I've had my RBTA for almost 3 years now. In that time it's lost it's bubbles and split a couple of times now and I'm running out of real estate.

knWSlDGm.jpg
CmFDVibm.jpg


2zlyVg8l.jpg
 
I burned my finger on the stove several times over the winter. Each time when I looked up in pain, I noticed a squirrel on my front lawn. Therefore squirrels cause burned thumbs? Don’t think so?
What ?
 
I have 20 in one tank. Some bubble some do not. Any theory related to light/flow/ph is debunked in my opinion. I have one bubbled directly next to one that is not. I have splits where some are inches away bubbled while the other half is not. I have some that literally are partly bubbled and partly long tentacled. For some reason the way I wrote this reminds me of a Dr. Sues story. Happy Anemone reefing folks!
 
I think you simply had a starving anemone. I can feed mine huge chunks of shrimp or whatever. They have incredible appetites.
It's possible. I feed my anemones at least twice a week and the clownfish will give it extra in between though.
 
I don't know if we'll ever find out for sure. Same questions reguarding why they split, happy, sad, parents that have a lot of sex.....may never know.
 
I have a tank with over 30 BTA's and I can see that the anemones closer to the top have bubbles and even in a single anemone, the top tentacles bubble up more than the lower ones.
 
Interesting. Mine had no bubbles from the lfs, but within a week of bringing it home, it developed bubbles. The lfs had much lower lighting than I did and less current.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new