I can't stand it

bichirfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I alway loved euphyllia torch but never had success like hammer and octo frogspawn coral . The torch I have was doing awesome and then all of three days go by I check my tank pars like always and notice the brown jell crud agin on the torch I broke the bad part off and hope for the best . Would it hurt to dip it in melafex for saltwater ? I had dip some sick lord howes in it be for and saved them

OP
OP
bichirfreak

bichirfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help
Ph8.4
Kh 12
Cal 410-420
Nitrate 1.0
Nitrite 0
Phos 0.004
Salinity 1.025

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some Iodine, like Lugols for dipping any coral that shows signs or symptoms of BJD.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have any fish that might rub up on the coral? It took me ages to figure out that my clown was rubbing on my torchs, I never saw him, but it was enough to damage the tissue and brown jelly. Hammers were fine for the most part. Got rid of the clown and hasn't happened since (knock on wood).

Sorry, I never had luck stopping it, just cutting off the head and no luck if it was a wall..

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have all your euphyllia demise been from brown jelly? Your perimeters seem fine. If all euphyllia at different times seem to be short rentals. It may be too short acclimation issues, lighting or water current. How long is your average time frame for euphyllia?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back