I could use some extra perspective

jwesley5480

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been redoing my scaping to open it up a bit and get some negative space as well. At the beginning I just stacked rock and the realized I hated it. Now I have only a few pieces still stacked and one is a big boulder. I was thinking of breaking it up and using acrylic rods to make some sort of arch? I attached a picture. The rock on the right is the big one I want to break up and maybe attach to the rock on the left. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

4112F5A9-5541-45A2-B5DF-5E280C2EFA7F.jpeg

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be a small arch already there just below the tip of the R/H arrow. If the two rocks in question were glued together, could another rock be added to lift one end, probably the left hand end, to enlarge what you have? From the photo I don't see any coral that would be too affected by a slight lift.
Breaking a rock could go one of two ways and whichever that is, it will create fresh surfaces to cure so a new rock wouldn't be that much of a difference if the thought of a fresh piece was is undesirable.

OP
OP
J

jwesley5480

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it’s resting on two rocks and giving a cave effect and it’s a sturdy structure but I feel it closes things up, and looks bulky. Maybe your right a light gluing on another piece to make it sit higher slightly. It sits at about the halfway point in the tank. I’m mainly looking to do lps and soft coral and I want lots of service space.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back