I did a bad, bad thing...

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have this St. Thomas mushroom in QT. Last week, it puffed itself up and detached from the frag plug. I finally found it, all curled up under a rock at the bottom of the QT. I cleaned off a shell, put a new dab of glue on it and stuck the little ball in the glue. As I was adjusting my lighting down I realized that I was looking at the foot. I glued it UPSIDE DOWN. I was able to roll it over and open it up - sort of. I took a pipette to flush it out and tried to use a Q-tip to remove the glue. The polyps I can see are glowing bright orange, it's still half closed and obviously not happy. I dimmed the lighting. I did some target feeding with phyto and reef roids, trying to elicit a response.
I guess there is nothing else I can do but wait.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never really had good.luck glueing down slimy or wet mushrooms. If you can. Get a cheap breeder net and some rubble. U want them to attach like a nem. Guessing u know this. Lol
D
True... I was trying to keep it safe until I could move it to the new DT. There is a big rock flower nem in the QT with it, so I thought hey! This will keep you safe... When they curl up like that, there is no way to tell which way is up.
Poor thing. I truly hope that I did not kill it.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an OctoAquatics SHU box coming Monday. I'll put it in there if it makes it that long.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shroom will slough it off. I put some rubble in very small container and let it attach. Something like these
Yeah that’s how I’ve always gotten them to attach, either put some sand and some rubble in a little cup and cover it with some netting (can drill some holes in the sides of the cup, too, if you want more flow), or I’ve taken netting (like polyester tulle from the fabric store) and set the mushroom on a rock and then loosely wrapped in the netting and rubberbanded it together on the other side. I think your shroom will live, though, unless it’s mouth was completely sealed off (and even then it would probably still live).

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty amazing how resilient some of this stuff is after we slather it with superglue. I accidentally squirted some liquid superglue (I thought was gel) all over a milli frag the other day and the things polyps are all flowing all around a crust of superglue that runs pretty much up the whole branch

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - Well, I don't know if acros can shed or not but it sounds like it is on the road to recovery. My little guy is still a lot smaller than it was but it's alive and I'm confident that it will make it. Fingers crossed for yours!!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back