I did a thing…..

  • Thread starter Thread starter cet98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cet98

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
264
Reaction score
120
Location
Home by the Sea
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well…. I just couldn’t pass on this little beautiful anemone any longer. After pondering over it for weeks and seeing as it was looking very healthy at the big box store, I finally made the decision to buy my first carpet anemone.

The store had it labeled as Stichodactyla gigantea but I am convinced it is a Stichodactyla haddoni. Am I correct?

I attempted to purchase some cipro in advance but I just could not facilitate any veterinary help in obtaining some, so based on the fact that the mouth is so nicely closed and the store had it for over a month, I chose to move forward with the purchase since the nem looked this good with them, I felt that I would stand a greater chance of success.

It will be housed alone as a species only tank. I plan on only adding a pair of clownfish and some trochus and hermits.

20260307_214328_9DE75DDE-BF18-4C71-8337-63DDF72D9BC0.png

20260307_214329_C153E0D5-0F5A-4304-B127-E41D0379B37F.png

20260307_214407_815AA38E-B894-48E6-BD29-69B804B3ABF9.png

20260307_221117_D80E048B-3B00-4FA7-A664-7664D2DB7F9E.png
 
Yes it is haddoni, looks good for being new to your tank.
 
Last edited:
What species of clowns you thinking about?
 
What species of clowns you thinking about?
I’ve always been partial to ocellaris. I have Dominoes, Super Snow Storm, Naked and Black Storms but I know the haddoni is not a natural host anemone for them.
I’ve never been a fan of Clarkii or Saddlebacks but I’m certainly open to suggestions
 
Orange skunks, onyx picasso, orange storms or sunkist pink skunks would looks nice, although not haddoni not natural host for them either. I myself like black storms and black snowflakes
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new