I don’t know what to do

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is my third clown in 18 days that has died. Two in the last two days and they die fast. I tried freshwater dipping them, Paraguard and Kanaplex. Nothing helped. Here is a picture of the one today. I have a molly in there doing perfect. He had been in there a month doing just fine. But clowns just keep dying.

379EE673-CF98-46AB-ADEA-41FA0E3CD227.jpeg 118A0F2B-CE0B-4A8A-A2E4-45455D76E62B.jpeg

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your clownfish has a disease. Is it like mucus?

Could be Brooklynella. Your tank could be infected. If it is, you shouldn't be adding any more fish as they will get infected as well.

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Read up on the following:
Ich
Brooklynella
Velvet
Uronema

These are the most common ones.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just slowly start getting more and more sluggish. They almost seem to lose their color and this one had white dots like ich. But non of the treatments did anything to him or any of the others. What do I need to do before I put new fish in? The molly is doing great

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Read up on the following:
Ich
Brooklynella
Velvet
Uronema

These are the most common ones.
I have read up on all of them and it didn’t help me at all. They are all pretty much the same dang thing, well when identifying the issue.

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could possibly be ich as well. How fast before they start to go downhill and die?

To eradicate most diseases in a tank, it has to be fishless for 76 days.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could possibly be ich as well. How fast before they start to go downhill and die?

To eradicate most diseases in a tank, it has to be fishless for 76 days.
They both died in the last 24 hours. But like I said, the molly is just fine. It’s only clowns. So I need to remove all fish for almost three months?

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They both died in the last 24 hours. But like I said, the molly is just fine. It’s only clowns. So I need to remove all fish for almost three months.
So they only lasted 24 hours after putting them in the tank? Then it wouldn't be ich. Ich takes over 5 days to kill a fish. But doesn't mean you don't also have ich in your tank. Brook will kill them fast. Clownfish are very susceptible to brook.

Molly may start to show signs later. All fish need to be removed in order to eradicate diseases unfortunately.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the first two on the 1st of December. The first one died on the 10th. I then got another one on the 11th. The original one died yesterday and the one I got on the 11th died about two hours ago. He had been in the quarantine tank for the last 9 hours and just kept going down hill after dosing him with Paraguard (24 hours ago), Kanaplex and a freshwater dip.

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the first two on the 1st of December. The first one died on the 10th. I then got another one on the 11th. The original one died yesterday and the one I got on the 11th died about two hours ago. He had been in the quarantine tank for the last 9 hours and just kept going down hill after dosing him with Paraguard (24 hours ago), Kanaplex and a freshwater dip.
OK, could probably be ich then, since it takes awhile before they die. I can see come specksike ich in those photos. Molly could have a slight resistance to it for now. But if its immune system drops for any reason, the ich can take over it.

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paraguard does not treat all strains of ich. If you have a stronger strain, would have to use copper to treat it, like Cupramine.

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd almost 100% say its Brooke. Treat in formalin for about 45 minutes in QT, then transfer to an CLEAN QT tank for at least six weeks for observation. the DT must remain fishless for at least 6 week or youre going to have to do it all over again.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd almost 100% say its Brooke. Treat in formalin for about 45 minutes in QT, then transfer to an CLEAN QT tank for at least six weeks for observation. the DT must remain fishless for at least 6 week or youre going to have to do it all over again.
I’m looking for formalin and can’t find it?

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1ml per gallon, nothing in the tank accept the fish and the water and youll need a clean air stone w/ air pump to aerate the water. keep fish in the tank for 45 minutes and place in a new clean tank with fresh salt water. youre going to want to have the treatment tank at same temp and salinity as its currently in. also get the air stone in before you add the fish to the tank.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 68 46.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back