I dropped a frag on the floor, will it survive?

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped a coral frag on the floor this morning, its a zoanthid. it has about 20 heads and I put it back in the tank. The heads all opened except for 1

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped a coral frag on the floor this morning, its a zoanthid. it has about 20 heads and I put it back in the tank. The heads all opened except for 1
It should be fine. Most of us have done that.

They live though taking out to scrub algae off, peroxide dips, cutting them to frag, etc.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I left a monti out on the counter all night long (oops) and even it survived :p
HOLY MOLY! how is that even possible? There's this guy on youtube named "VlogAfterCollege" who has a 65 gal with a midas blenny, he was out for a while and when he came back he found it on the floor, and it had turned purple. It survivded and is still alive today

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOLY MOLY! how is that even possible? There's this guy on youtube named "VlogAfterCollege" who has a 65 gal with a midas blenny, he was out for a while and when he came back he found it on the floor, and it had turned purple. It survivded and is still alive today

Many common aqua cultured corals are difficult to kill. The monti's edges died back a bit and it browned out but it fully recovered over a few weeks.

One does have to wonder though... if a monti can survive on a counter (out of water) for 12 hours but not in a aquarium... what the heck is going in in that tank!

July 13 after sitting on the counter 12 hours:
montidriedout.jpg

And Aug 17th, recovering and encrusting:
montinow.jpg

Back