I finally got the upgrade done

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2018
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
1,158
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend I finally got my 37 gal to a 90 gal upgrade done . It’s been a couple days and everything seams well .
the aquarium is a mostly SPS tank . It’s got a few acropora and Several montipora, and two birdsnest corals . Oddly my bird of paradise looks happier then it did in the old aquarium.
Some of the preparations I did was to add gravel to the old aquarium to make it 3-4” deep . ( my thinking was to have a lot of cycled gravel for the upgrade) also over the past few water changes ( monthly) I vacuumed the gravel one third at a time so it wouldn’t be filthy.
another preparation was mixing more then enough to water in brute cans , and pre washing new crushed coral gravel in advance .
mine other thing I think was important that I had done is I put all the filter media into the new canister filter. Tomorrow I will check parameters, but because the new water matched almost perfectly and everything seams happy. I would bet that nothing is wrong.

image.jpg
 
It’s been 5 days since the tank upgrade . I checked the water parameters and they are
1 ammonia.25 ( api kit , always says.25 )
2 nitrates undetectable ( but I do have small algae on glass so it’s good)
3 calcium is 500
4 alkalinity is 8dkh
5 phosphate is also undetectable
Also I just yesterday set up the metal halides . Set for 4 hours a day for now . I will add more time in coming weeks. So the upgrade went very well , didn’t lose anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new