I forgot to replug the Plank pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoJosReef

There's some lovely filth down here!
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
20,724
Reaction score
80,845
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was trying to target feed my ailing scoly with the pumps off and it's TDO pellet kept drifting away. Finally realized it was the Plank Sicce pump creating a light current. Unplugged it, but forgot on Sat PM to replug it in. Now the Plank has been going off 4x Sun and will go off 4x tomorrow. Think some of the food will come out of the tube, or will I arrive to a tube full of Reef Jerky and TDO pellets? Fish probably going to be hangry on Tuesday...
Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN
 
I’ve done this and while I’m not sure if some made it’s way out on its own, I did have a tube full of food

Put the plank on a Kasa wifi dual outlet and you can set the schedule and control the outlet from your phone app

I have them on both my tanks, super easy to setup and configure. Limited to 1 min intervals (can’t have plank run for 45 seconds, or partial minutes)
Put the feed auger on a one outlet and set a schedule
Put the Sicce on the other outlet and set to always on with no schedule. Use the app to turn the outlet off for maintenance.
07219814-326B-45E0-9BD6-DB979BD6AAD8.png
F32227D8-A544-4A37-81F5-F78ED740B041.png
 
I’ve done this and while I’m not sure if some made it’s way out on its own, I did have a tube full of food

Put the plank on a Kasa wifi dual outlet and you can set the schedule and control the outlet from your phone app

I have them on both my tanks, super easy to setup and configure. Limited to 1 min intervals (can’t have plank run for 45 seconds, or partial minutes)
Put the feed auger on a one outlet and set a schedule
Put the Sicce on the other outlet and set to always on with no schedule. Use the app to turn the outlet off for maintenance.
07219814-326B-45E0-9BD6-DB979BD6AAD8.png
F32227D8-A544-4A37-81F5-F78ED740B041.png
The shameful part is that I have the Plank on a wifi outlet! I just didn't want to mess with my phone while I had the feeder pipette and a 15mL tube in my hands. So I just unplugged the pump instead.
Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new