I GOT A GEM TANG!!!

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all! I’m super excited. Someone owed me 600 and some dollars and I was able to get my hands on a 3 ish inch gem tang and an exquisite wrasse from Liveaquaria! They are gonna be quarantined to go into my 120 gal sps dominant mixed reef. The only other fish I got that are gonna go into this so far tank are a orange back fairy wrasse, a super tiny blue tang, 2 white ghost ribbon eels, and 1 black ribbon eel. Only other things I’m planning to add are a foxface, a Maroon clown pair, a halichores wrasse, and some anthias.

any special advice for making sure my gem tang doesn’t die? I’m gonna qt him all alone. And I’m planning on adding him and the little blue tang at the same time, and they are similarly sized.

7C0FDE01-2A5E-4C40-80DF-8F87294BDC0E.png 7CDA1F63-7D7D-4C34-8A1D-FCB4D1EADB24.png

OP
OP
Ishai Thatcher

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also don't get that 14 day guarantee locally. Nice couple of fish!
Good point! The lady from Liveaquaria said that if your having trouble with the fish in the first week and you tell them, they will extend the guarantee another week, funny they waited till I bought a 600 dollar fish for them to tell me about that handy fact.

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all! I’m super excited. Someone owed me 600 and some dollars and I was able to get my hands on a 3 ish inch gem tang and an exquisite wrasse from Liveaquaria! They are gonna be quarantined to go into my 120 gal sps dominant mixed reef. The only other fish I got that are gonna go into this so far tank are a orange back fairy wrasse, a super tiny blue tang, 2 white ghost ribbon eels, and 1 black ribbon eel. Only other things I’m planning to add are a foxface, a Maroon clown pair, a halichores wrasse, and some anthias.

any special advice for making sure my gem tang doesn’t die? I’m gonna qt him all alone. And I’m planning on adding him and the little blue tang at the same time, and they are similarly sized.

7C0FDE01-2A5E-4C40-80DF-8F87294BDC0E.png 7CDA1F63-7D7D-4C34-8A1D-FCB4D1EADB24.png
Wow I'd be terrified to try my hand at QT'ing a $600 fish :p

Looking forward to seeing him swimming around in your tank in 1-2 months!

OP
OP
Ishai Thatcher

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I'd be terrified to try my hand at QT'ing a $600 fish :p

Looking forward to seeing him swimming around in your tank in 1-2 months!
I would be too! But after quarantining an eel that everyone told me would die, and which wasn’t insured for surviving even 10 mins after it arrived, this seems like a walk in the park! And it’s also sorta already been prequarantined, so odds are it’s gonna be healthy and clean! But I’m still gonna qt it to be sure.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Ishai Thatcher

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of blemishes are HLLE, look at the face.
Could be, but doesn’t look that way to me. I’ve gotten blemishes from them before and I’ve never gotten a fish with later like erosion. And if he does have it, I still don’t really care. I’m confident I can reduce stress enough for him to live a long life!

punchy7080

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes, super cool fish (I love tangs) but that's a lot of cash :) I guess it doesn't sting as bad since you paid for it with money you were owed lol. I saw a $1000 black tang at the LFS... no way! I would be up all night checking on it lol.

Back