I got me a 40

OP
mikez104

mikez104

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. I was going to recommend the fijicube overflow box that you ended up getting!

I have the same one on my 40b and it's pretty awesome
Yeah, I'm really happy I redid the tank now while it's just new. The overflow works flawlessly. I can easily match the flow with wherever I set my pump. Three thumbs up.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
mikez104

mikez104

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So the tank has been back up for a while and I couldn't resist picking up a new coral. I know I should wait be yeah, you know how that goes. It's an Alviopora. I used to have one many years ago. I did a dip and stuck it in. It seems pretty happy now and I can see it grab food particles when I feed the fish. Looks like a bunch of hands reaching up. Weird. I love this stuff.

IMG_5460.jpg

OP
mikez104

mikez104

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well thanks for asking kind sir. The tank has been fine and is mostly the same. I have a few new critters

OG
Alviopora - doing well and growing
Leather - doing well and I did not notice the growth until I looked at the original pics. Actually grew well.
Torch - doing well and I think it is growing.
Clowns - weird as always :)
Cleaner shrimp - growth slowed down. Keeps getting berried up then drops the eggs.

New
A Dalmatian Molly that I converted to full salt water. It turned totally black with little blue specs... Weird
Frag 1 - no clue what it is. Some kind of green encrusting stuff that has these little orange dots. Very pretty
Frag 2 - again, no clue what it is. Blue with greenish polyps.
I'll try to get some better pics of the frags. Maybe someone knows what the heck they are.

The Molly looked like this when I bought it (not my pic)

1620166627526.png

and you can see what it looks like now in this video
I still get diatoms and a bit of cyano. Can't seem to grow coraline algae either. I did start with all dry rock though so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Are your corals ever subjected to the open air with no water for water changes or tank maintenance?

• Yes and I wish I had planned my aquascape better

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • Yes even though I planned my aquascape for the possibilty

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • No as I planned for this not to happen

Votes: 53 24.2%
  • No not yet and I haven't planned for it

Votes: 58 26.5%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 17 7.8%
Champion