I guess I'm supposed to do this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
1cdbf834-8d04-4258-b3fc-502668b07787.jpg
 
My tank is insanely cloudy. It was cloudy before a 20% water change yesterday, and cloudy after. Not really sure what is going on.
6e899748-f06a-4008-84d9-2816aa937ac2.jpg
Could be a bacterial bloom or even algal. Pull some water out in a white cup to see if it has a tint to it. Either way make sure you have good aeration maybe even add an airstone and pump until it clears. If bacterial it will clear on its own eventually. If algal try skimming wetter.
 
Ive added some coral over the last couple weeks. They're looking pretty good, I think.

Fantasy island goni and favia of the gods are my two favorites right now.
27cc0429-bab6-45f0-b949-c82a0abb6797.jpg
ebde43e5-8fb1-4543-a2c8-247a2e2a0e09.jpg


An alveopira and hammer that were trials to see if i could do it.
4e7de4b4-0355-499f-95a4-7853600d1174.jpg
a2ac9910-f99c-477a-912a-4a7360ca209e.jpg


Some things im not 100% sure on. I do know there are snitches and rastas though.
31a1d9ae-d989-4155-bc58-c6cc7378d570.jpg
b7a04fb8-8160-4466-968c-37aab6fedaa6.jpg
c780f50e-9957-47f2-99dc-370b49899d96.jpg
 
I put a Moyeri leopard wrasse in the tank friday. I haven't seen her since. I keep looking at pics to remind me of whatbshe looks like.
f983d7fd-11a1-42f1-a8ae-dab67debff84.jpg
 
I wish it were clearer, but its definitely a process.
its late, and I can't remember, but if you;re not running carbon or a UV, .... I'd look in to one or both.

I can say that carbon cleaned up my water clarity bigly.
 
I wish it were clearer, but its definitely a process.
its late, and I can't remember, but if you;re not running carbon or a UV, .... I'd look in to one or both.

I can say that carbon cleaned up my water clarity bigly.
I've got carbon in there. And i do have a uv unit in my farage, just havent used it.
 
I would go slow. If you insist on adding corals in the first month or two, I would echo what others have suggested. Mushrooms and zoas are hardy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new