I had high hopes for my RODI!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had high hopes for this and it’s not good!! It’s leaky, not easy to set up, and fits no faucets in my house! There’s a reason it’s $100-$200 cheaper. Now I’m returning it and going to spend that $200-$300 on a unit.
DD3FD0D3-CE91-4131-A53E-1CAB8D6FA6C1.png

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow really? I have that exact same one and it's given me 0 TDS for months. It seemed very easy to set up to me. That's why it has like 4.99 stars out of like 2,000 reviews...what did you have trouble with???

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy the faucet attachment that works with this, or do your facuets simply not have threads?

I had one, and they're fine for what they deliver, but the proprietary replacement parts were too expensive here in Canada, so I upgraded after a year.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you buy the faucet attachment that works with this?
They had various attachments…it comes with three but my house is really old so my sinks are not standard sinks/not made anymore so I had to set it up in my garage where I have a water supply and even then it leaked!

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had various attachments…it comes with three but my house is really old so my sinks are not standard sinks/not made anymore so I had to set it up in my garage where I have a water supply and even then it leaked!
You probably just didn't wrap it with the plumbing tape tight enough...

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a bit leaky, but that can usually be solved by using a washer with the adapter. Or do you mean that water was coming through the seals?

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are a bit leaky, but that can usually be solved by using a washer with the adapter. Or do you mean that water was coming through the seals?
Yes the seals where it’s attached too but the adapters didn’t even fit closely so I couldn’t attach it with tape/tried and it didn’t work.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you either just got a defective one or just needed a little more help setting it up than you anticipated
Probably but at least it’s Amazon and I can easily return it for one already assembled etc. I’m going to drop it off soon.

razorskiss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same one! It works great for me, but I have it hooked up to a garden hose faucet so the included adapter was all I needed. I added an extra carbon plus cartridge because my municipality uses chloramines and added some extra fittings to allow me to sample water between the stages for testing. I think unless you pay for set up and installation you're not going to have a significantly better experience with other models...

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my spectrapure one with their nice expensive filters. I change pre filters every 6 months, got 6 years out of my last membrane and 2 years out of their max DI.

I question whether these cheaper units that don't seem to have standard filters really save money over time. I kind of doubt it.

FYI for sink hookups... I went to ace hardware with the part that screws off the sink (the little mesh end) and they were able to get something to work. It took a few different parts screwed together.

I ended up eventually putting a removable T to the cold water line though.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? All that one requires is hand screwing into a faucet...you don't have to tap a water line or anything. Plus they're portable.
The one posted in the link isn't really that much more of a hassle than RO Buddie system. Of course, I don't live in an apartment, and the smaller size of the OP's unit may be particularly attractive to those with limited space.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 135 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back