RODI booster pump

VietExtender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m still having problems getting my RODI to work. Water would go through the pre filters and then not go through to the DI resin canister. We thought it was getting blocked at the membrane, so I bought a new membrane and still isn’t working. I brought this from my old house when it worked fine and nothing has been messed with. Another thing is when I first tried at this new house, I had the buddie booster pump plugged in and for a few seconds it was making weird noises and blowing out air so I unplugged it. Do I have to have the booster pump constantly plugged in for the RODI to work properly? I thought water would still be able to pass through even though the booster pump isn’t plugged in and on. Also when I flip the faucet adapter, water comes back out like it’s being forced the other way.

IMG_1528.jpeg IMG_1530.jpeg IMG_1529.jpeg

Last edited:

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a pressure gauge on that unit (before RO membrane)? *I assume not, just checking.

Why does the first picture look like there are 2 RO chambers, one right behind the other at the top? *that wouldn't fit the model of what I'd expect a 75GPD 4-stage "value" setup to be so just wondering.
...scratch that ... in front of mirror ... so just reflection was what I think I was seeing

OP
OP
VietExtender

VietExtender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a pressure gauge on that unit (before RO membrane)? *I assume not, just checking.

Why does the first picture look like there are 2 RO chambers, one right behind the other at the top? *that wouldn't fit the model of what I'd expect a 75GPD 4-stage "value" setup to be so just wondering.
Ah it’s because it’s against a mirror. And no I don’t have a pressure gauge.

OP
OP
VietExtender

VietExtender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thought would be not enough pressure or maybe something is not connected/fitted correctly.
I’ve already checked all connections and they were right and connected. Could it just be the buddie booster pump has to be plugged in? I’m just worried after it was being weird and unplugged it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back